- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Disaster Risk Reduction Intern
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of the world wide Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement assisting victims of conflict and disaster and people affected by social or health related crisis. The Red Cross Movement provides to vulnerable people assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven principles of the Red Cross Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality.
In Vietnam the GRC is supporting its local partner, the Vietnam Red Cross (VNRC), to implement projects in the field of Disaster Relief & Rehabilitation, Disaster Risk Reduction & Climate Change Adaptation, Water & Sanitation and Capacity Building.
The German Red Cross Delegation in Hanoi is seeking a Vietnamese national candidate to fill the position of Intern in disaster risk reduction.
Duration: Starting 01/05/2017 for the duration of 6 months on a 80% part -time basis.
Location : Based in Quy Nhon city, Binh Dinh province
Duties and responsibilities
Support GRC Field Project Officer
- In collecting monitoring data using agreed format
- In providing inputs to the monthly activities report and to planning
- In basic administrative and logistic tasks
- Support and facilitate the GRC and VNRC in building efficient working relationship with the authorities, communities, schools and other key actors in disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation at provincial, city and ward levels.
- Performing other work related tasks upon request of Line Manager.
- Vietnamese citizen, University degree
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Commitment and inspiration to work
- Good command of written and spoken English will be an asset
Personal skills and abilities
- Good interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills
- Accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Taking part in relevant events (internal trainings, meetings, workshops, etc.);
- Exposure to many local partners of the Red Cross Movement
You will be line managed by the GRC Field Project Officer and subordinated technically to the GRC DRR Delegate.
Interested Vietnamese candidates are invited to send their applications by email in English consisting of a CV and a letter of motivation to: email@example.com. Please indicate clearly the post you would like to apply, i.e “Application for DRR Intern”
Deadline: 25 April 2017, 17:00 Hanoi time.
While German Red Cross appreciates all responses, only candidate under consideration shall be contacted and invited for an interview. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and, if a suitable candidate is found, he/she may be recruited before the deadline. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.