- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Field Operations Assistant
Field operations assistant – FoodSTART+
Food Resilience through Root and Tuber Crops in Upland and Coastal Communities of the Asia-Pacific
The International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) seeks a Field coordinator for the project Food Resilience through Root and Tuber Crops in Upland and Coastal Communities of the Asia-Pacific, known by its short title FoodSTART+, implemented by CIAT and CIP (international Potato Center) with financial contribution from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), and the European Union (UE).
The International Center for Tropical Agriculture (www.ciat.cgiar.org) works to reduce hunger and poverty, and improve human health in the tropics through research aimed at increasing the eco-efficiency of agriculture. CIAT is a member of the CGIAR Consortium (www.cgiar.org), a global research partnership working for a food secure future.
The FoodSTART+ project is implemented across four core countries in Asia, namely India, Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam. The project aims to assess food vulnerability among poor households with a production and consumption dependence on root and tuber crops (RTCs), and to identify and promote RTC innovations in production, marketing and consumption that enhance food resilience. To achieve this goal at scale, the project will develop and validate effective partnership strategies with IFAD investment projects to promote RTCs for food security.
CIAT is in charge of implementing activities in Vietnam, and is currently seeking for a field coordinator. The position will be based within SRDP office, Dong Hoi, Quang Binh, and will report to the CIAT Country Coordinator for Vietnam.
Duties and responsibilities
- Serves as field-level focal person for the project in operationalizing collaboration with the IFAD investment project in Quang Binh (Sustainable Rural Development for the Poor, SRDP).
- Ensure implementation of specific research and capacity building activities in SRDP communes, including corresponding arrangements for partnership and resource mobilization.
- Provides technical and methodological support to SRDP, and to mobilize expertise from the general FoodSTART+ team as needed.
- Assists in data collection and general documentation to support monitoring, evaluation and reporting for FoodSTART+ and SRDP.
- Contributes to project-wide communications and events of FoodSTART, including cross-site knowledge-sharing.
- BSc degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics or related area. A keen interest in agricultural development and related socio-economic issues is needed.
- At least a three-year working experience in agriculture research and development related project.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English and Vietnamese, as well as demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct field work in coordination with a wide range of partners and stakeholders.
- Previous experiences in Northern Central Vietnam is an advantage.
- Available for starting as soon as possible (or in May or June 2017).
Terms of Employment
Employment contract will be for a one-year term (with an initial 3 month probation period) with possibility of renewal, subject to availability of funding.
This is a nationally recruited position, and applications from Vietnamese nationals will thus receive priority. CIAT is an equal opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender.
To apply for this position, send us a cover letter with your qualifications and suitability, together with detailed curriculum vitae, including the names and addresses of three persons who are familiar with your professional qualifications and work experience.
Direct your correspondence to Mr. Brice Even (firstname.lastname@example.org), indicating “Field operations assistant – FoodSTART’’ in the subject of the email message. Please do not make phone calls. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 12th of May, 2017