- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist
Oxfam is a worldwide development organisation that mobilises the strength and voice of people against poverty, inequality and injustice. Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally.
The Oxfam country programme in Vietnam consists of: Sustainable food and fair sharing of natural resources, Building resilience, Achieving women’s rights, and Governance & civil society.
To support all of these programme areas, Oxfam in Vietnam is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Vietnamese candidates for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist. In particular, this position will contribute to implementation of the upcoming Justice Initiatives Facilitation Fund of the EU Legal and Judicial Empowerment Programme in Viet Nam (EU JULE JIFF), which aims to strengthen the rule of law in Vietnam through a more reliable, trusted and better accessed justice system.
The MEL Specialist will ensure effective functioning of cross-programme monitoring, evaluation and learning systems, including reliable reports and data to serve planning, implementation and reporting. The position is based in Hanoi.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include leading the development and implementation of Oxfam’s overall MEL strategy in Vietnam; facilitating and supporting the design and implementation of MEL plans; and contributing to proposal development. The MEL specialist will provide or arrange technical support and coaching on result-based MEL system and tools, compile stories of change from programmes and projects, and effectively capture data needed to assess value for money, among other tasks.
The Specialist will participate as a member of the JIFF programme team, facilitating MEL training and capacity development activities for selected Oxfam partners and JIFF grantees in selected project areas. He/she will collate reports and data for cross-programme learning, programme management, decision-making and reporting to the donor.
In addition, the MEL specialist will promote learning, sharing and facilitating throughout Oxfam’s activities in Vietnam. He/she will Initiate and facilitate regular team learning and reflection events and workshops with Oxfam programme teams and partners, and will support the head of Knowledge Management and Communication to encourage a culture of organizational learning within and beyond Oxfam.
The candidate’s skills, experience and knowledge
- Thorough understanding of result-based MEL systems and tools;
- Proven experience in establishing and developing MEL systems for NGOs and/or international agencies;
- Good knowledge in participatory, evidence-based research with strong quantitative and qualitative skills;
- Sound experience in developing and facilitating participatory MEL processes such as outcome mapping and theories of change;
- Experience in writing and reviewing evaluation TORs and reports;
- Ability to do training, facilitation, mentoring and/or support for capacity building in MEL and change processes;
- At least five-year experience in development program management; experience in a MEL-specific position desirable;
- Fluent in Vietnamese and English;
- Understanding of development issues, context of civil society organisations and policy making and monitoring processes in Vietnam.
How to apply
The position will be classified within Oxfam as a C1 scale national position.
Applications will close on 2nd February 2017 (5:00 PM Vietnam time).
Interested candidates can send your expressions of interest to HR.Vietnam@oxfamnovib.nl.
For any enquiries, please contact Ms. Tran Thanh Hang – finance and HR administrator at email@example.com.