- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
World Vision Vietnam (WVV) invites competent Vietnamese candidates for the position Operations Officer, working for the Micro Finance Unit (1 position) work base: Hanoi. The contract is for 6 months with possibility of extension.
WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
As per WV Vietnam strategy, micro finance is promoted as one of its initiatives. In other word it is part of WV Vietnam and not as a separate entity like in other WV countries.
Micro Finance program’s mission is to foster improvement in the quality of life among the clients in Vietnam by assisting the economically active poor and graduating the moderate and poorest of the poor into entrepreneurial skills. This will be accomplished through a sustainable Micro Finance program that provides access to loans, savings and insurance within ADPs All aspects of the services that MF program delivers are built to lead the development of appropriate models, capacities and systems for Micro enterprise development in Vietnam, resulting in sustainable economic development as part of WVI transformational development ministry throughout ADP communities.
MF Program is structured in two management levels: central office in Hanoi and branch office at provincial and/ or regional level. All direct transactions with clients including clients screening, loan processing and loan collection are carried out at communities’ level through a network of local staff.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To support MFU Operation Manager to improve performance of branches as well as to achieve the general target of the program.
1. OPERATION IMPLEMENTING
- The policy compliance at branch level and quality of internal control of the program is ensured.
- Valuable inputs are provided to establish and develop appropriate management tools and monitoring systems.
- Operation progress compared with approved target of branches is closely followed up by reviewing, analysing monthly progressing reports, regularly field visiting, etc.
- Shortcomings/ problems are identified and correct actions are recommended and discussed with branch staff at the regular branch meetings to help branches achieve their own operation targets.
- Valuable inputs for policy improvement are provided with the proactive participation in regular meetings of MFU Management team.
- Be representative of MFU Management Team to attend regular meetings with PMB and ADPs when required.
- Assistance is provided to conduct surveys of clients’ satisfaction about MFU products and services as well as external industry providers.
- Proactive supports are provided to Operation Manager to conduct new projects, such as product development; management tools (MIS…) upgrade; integration initiatives of MFU activities with other sectors/ ADPs of WVV.
- Valuable information is collected to help MFU senior management team write project proposals.
2. QUALITY MONITORING AND DEVELOPMENT
- All activities of branches, including new group formation, clients screening, loan processing and loan collecting, group/cluster meeting, financial transactions, reporting, etc., are closely, regularly and randomly monitored and supervised to ensure that they follow operation and financial policies and regulations.
- In closely cooperation with branch manager, branch accountant and branch assistant, all fraudulences, misconducts which might damage organizational assets and resources and affect to the organization’s image and prestige are identified, verified in a timely manner.
- Operation progressing report which points out problems/issues of each Branch and suggests solutions is submitted to MFU Operation Manager on monthly basis.
- Monthly reports on quality monitor of each branch are submitted to Operation Manager.
- Management and monitoring tools applied at head office and branch are developed and suggested.
3. TRAINING AND CAPACITY BUILDING
- In cooperation with branch managers, training needs and capacity building plan for loan officers are identified based on the performance review process.
- Branch managers and branch assistants are trained and coached about monitoring and management skills.
- Assistance is provided to branch managers to conduct training to loan officers and cluster/ group leaders on credit management skills
- Inputs are provided to operation manager in annual performance appraisal process of staff and branch as a whole.
- Self capacity is improved by participating in relevant training courses.
4. RELATIONSHIP BUILDING
- Relationship with ADP staff, local partners at both district and commune/ hamlet levels and branch members are developed and maintained.
- Great efforts are contributed to build Branches and overall MFU into a united, accountable and spiritual team.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on the job training:
- Bachelor/ college degree in Economics, Finance, Finance of Accounting, Banking or Business Administration.
- Working experiences with community development projects, priority over experiences for managing and conducting MFU Program or increasing income activities, including business development services.
- Understanding of Microfinance activities, small enterprises development or trends of business
- Ability to prepare plan and manage financial issues;
- Good verbal communication and marketing skills
- Fluently in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet)
- Be committed to work with the poor and have customer service oriented mindset;
- Active, adaptable and having team spirit
- Assertive, creative, patient and being integrity
- Honest, enthusiastic and inquisitive
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to send CV and application letter to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
People and Culture Department
World Vision International - Vietnam
Address: 4th floor, the HEAC building, 14-16 Ham Long streets, Hanoi
Tel: 04. 39439920 (ext.121).
Deadline for application: 2 May 2017
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization which works to improve the quality of life of people, especially children, who are marginalized and living in poverty regardless of religion, race and gender.