- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
World Vision Vietnam (WVV) invites competent Vietnamese candidates for the position Procurement Officer (1 position). Work base: Hanoi
Interested candidates are invited to apply ONLINE via WORLD VISION VIETNAM'S WEBSITE BY 5 March 2017 - https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/vietnam/supply-chain/wvv-procurement-office...
WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organisation, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of more than USD 20,000,000 (FY14) with funding from 16 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. WVV employs about 500 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Area Development Program is a 10-15 year community development program that is an integrated approach to community development, emphasizing the process of community participation, ownership and sustainability, while addressing the macro and micro causes of poverty. WVV’s ADPs focus within one administrative district of a province which usually populated by ethnic minority people with very high rates of poverty.
Excerpt from Field Financial Manual (FFM): “By traveling together we will guard against any suspicion, for we are anxious...that no one should find fault with the way we are handing this large gift. God knows we are honest, but I want everyone else to know it too. That is why we made this arrangement, “2 Corinthian 8:20-21 (Living Bible). This actual biblical example illustrates the importance of ensuring integrity and accountability.
WV Vietnam has undergone continuous growth in recent years and along with it more and more funding has been spent in the procurement of ministry materials. Percentage wise, more than 55% of WV Vietnam’s total program expenditure is spent on procurement and a further 30% spent in construction activities annually. Starting from FY14 WV Vietnam is mandated to implement the Strategic Sourcing Project, which necessitates a dedicated procurement position for the organisation.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To coordinate and monitor implementation of Supply Chain Management (SCM) key focus areas and Regional/Global initiatives in Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Management; analysing and interpreting trends and observations for management action; and engagement with relevant National Office staff and other stakeholders.
- To manage the procurement process: developing and executing contractual agreements with suppliers through positive relations with supplier network, effective negotiations and management of contracts.
- Strategic Sourcing; Procurement - advisory support and services
- Facilitate formulation of the annual procurement plan; provide guidance on the SCM issues and enhance planning for the procurement of goods and services.
- Conduct sourcing potential suppliers and coordinate with Administration Manager to execute framework and procurement contracts..
- Establish and maintain strategic and successful relationships with internal customers. Act as the lead person to handle all strategic sourcing requests from ADP and NO Departments
- Prepare strategic sourcing resources, database, and catalogs in preparation for ProVision system.
- Assist Administration Manager to implement ProVision for WVV in early FY18.
- Analyze spend across the enterprise to identify strategic sourcing opportunities, select and screen strategic sourcing partners and suppliers.
- Track and report savings monthly and benefits achieved from the strategic sourcing and procurement.
- Develop and complete strategic sourcing initiatives. Identify leveraged spend opportunities that will benefit the organization.
- For procurement of significant value: provide vendors sourcing list, mandatory technical review and negotiate terms with supplier.
- Ensure all supporting documents in compliance of policy and procedures.
- Analyze procurement activities and recommend more efficient improvement on procurement under the framework contract, quantity discounts, standardization, value analysis and cooperative purchasing.
- Prepare and send RFQ/RFI fully to suppliers for the sourcing to make sure that the market price and the baseline are noted well and known thoroughly.
- Manage vendor relations
- Maintain the vendor database to keep track of suppliers’ particulars, pricing and goods / services information, and their performances. Identify potential suppliers and build up approved suppliers list.
- Establish relationship with suppliers, keep abreast of what are available from the market and the needs at the offices in the field.
- Resolve disputes with suppliers.
- Contract management and Procurement policy
- Review, update and build up standardised contract terms for the procurement of various goods / services.
- Develop and refine WV Vietnam’s procurement policies and procedures
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on the job training:
- University graduate.
- 2 years’ experience in procurement, including sourcing and purchasing in a similarly large agency in Vietnam context.
- Organizing, planning, analyzing and problem solving skills
- Very good computer skills for analyse data, information consolidation and track measures (excel)
- Understanding of the market trends and supplier network
- Understanding of non-profit organizations
- Good interpersonal skills and communications skills
- Good English skills
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Our contact details are:
People and Culture Department
World Vision International - Vietnam
Address: 4th floor, the HEAC building, 14-16 Ham Long streets, Hanoi
Tel: 04. 39439920 (ext.121). Email: email@example.com
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization which works to improve the quality of life of people, especially children, who are marginalized and living in poverty regardless of religion, race and gender.