This is the mailing list for the Eye Care Working Group. Eye care refers to all aspects of vision care, promotion of eye health, prevention of eye diseases, treatment and rehabilitation, including education of the visually impaired.
The Eye Care Working Group was established in line with the Vision 2020 plan to support national efforts towards the goal of eliminating avoidable blindness in Vietnam. The founding members are ORBIS International, Fred Hollows Foundation, Helen Keller International, CBM, International Trachoma Initiative and Mekong Eye Doctors. The Eye Care Foundation, International Centre for Eye-care Education and Atlantic Philantropies have also joined the group. The mailing list was established in 2008.
The group's key objectives are to:
* Advocate for and support the development and implementation of a National Vision 2020 Blindness Prevention Strategic Plan in Vietnam.
* Promote comprehensive eye care, including prevention, education, rehabilitation and treatment, in Vietnam.
* Serve as an open forum for information on programmes, project activities, lessons learned, experiences and best practices regarding eye care in Vietnam.
* Discuss potential support provided by members of the group to national concerned institutions in the development of Vietnam’s national plan of actions for comprehensive eye care.
* Discuss potential collaboration among related organisations and institutions working on providing comprehensive eye care.
Please note that your email posted on this list will remain public and available through the Internet search engines, such as Google. This includes any attachments such as CVs. Posted emails cannot be removed.
For tips and guidelines on using mailing lists, please visit the About Our Mailing Lists section on the NGO Resource Centre website.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
please visit the Eye-care
Subscribe to Eye-care by filling out the following
You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to
prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. Once
confirmation is received, your request will be held for approval
by the list moderator. You will be notified of the moderator's
decision by email. This is also a hidden list, which means that the
list of members is available only to the list administrator.