NEWSLETTER 01 - 15 APRIL 2013
Dear Members and Friends:
Welcome to the VUFO-NGO Resource Centre Newsletter for 01 - 15 April 2013.
Kindly be informed that Mr. Huy Pham Sinh has resigned from his post as Country Director for Save the Children in Vietnam and left Vietnam on 14 March 2013. Mr. Doan Anh Tuan has been appointed interim Country Director until mid June when an official CD comes on board.
We also would like to introduce the new Representative/Country Director/Country Coordinator of our members as follows:
- Ms Marina Hovannesjan has recently been appointed the Country Representative in Vietnam for the German Red Cross (GRC).
- Mr Gary West has been appointed Country Director at Family Health International (FHI 360).
- Ms Kirsten Theuns has been appointed Country Coordinator at Education for Development (EFD), based in Ho Chi Minh City.
The VUFO-NGO Resource Centre welcomes these new appointments.
There are six Working Group meetings scheduled for the first half of April, 2013:
- Climate Change Working Group meeting on 04 April at 2:00 PM;
- Agent Orange Working Group meeting on 05 April at 9:00 AM;
- Ethnic Minorities Working Group - core group meeting on 08 April 8 at 2:00 PM;
- Ethnic Minorities Working Group Workshop "Empowerment of ethnic minority communities in Development projects" on 10 April at 8:30 AM;
- HCMC-INGO Discussion Group Annual Meeting on 12 April 12 at 8:30 AM;
- Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene Working Group meeting on 12 April at 2:00 PM
The EMWG Workshop will be held at Fortuna Hotel, 6B Lang Ha Street, Hanoi. The HCMC-INGO Discussion Group Annual Meeting will be held at HUFO, 31 Le Duan St., Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City. All the other meetings will take place at the NGO Resource Centre office, F1 Building, 218 Doi Can, Ba Dinh, Hanoi.
Please check the 'Calendar of Events' section on our home page for the latest updates and possible changes.
Warm greetings from the VUFO-NGO Resource Centre's Team!