CG Meetings 2009
2009 December Consultative Group Meeting
Two documents from the VUFO-NGO Resource Centre were shared at the CG Meeting held on December 3-4, 2009, in Hanoi.
The INGOs' Statement for the Consultative Group Meeting, which was prepared in consultation with member NGOs of the Resource Centre:
The INGO Partnerships for Development report, in which the thematic working groups linked to the VUFO-NGO Resource Centre report on their activities for the year:
2009 Mid-Term Consultative Group Meeting
The Mid-Term Consultative Group (CG) meeting was held on June 8-9, 2009, in Buon Ma Thuot, the Central Highlands province of Dak Lak.
The focus of the meeting was on the following topics:
- Macroeconomic Situation and Growth Forecasts for 2009
- Social Impacts due to Economic Slowdown and Policy Response
- Report from the Vietnam Business Forum
- Governance and Implementation of the Anti-Corruption Strategy towards 2020
- Climate Change - Adaptation and mitigation
- Progress on Harmonization Agenda and Aid Effectiveness
The INGO community contributed to discussions through its four selected CG representatives and the NGO Resource Centre Managing Co-Director. Short informal statements have been prepared in consultations with INGO members prior to the meeting; and delivered during discussions by Steve Price-Thomas, Phan Van Ngoc, Peter Newsum and Kim N. B. Ninh. Traditionally, mid-term CG meeting is an informal event, thus no written statement has been prepared.
For more details about the meeting click the following links:
Three field trips were organised for all participants on 9 June 2009:
1. Chu Yang Sin National Park route
- Health-care Propaganda Centre: Health Care Project in Central Highland (ADB);
- Dak-Man coffee processing joint-venture (FDI);
- Chu Yang Sin National Park (GEF).
2. Buon Don route
- Netherlands-Vietnam Coffee Company (FDI);
- Water drainage and environmental health for Ban Me Thuot City (DANIDA);
- Buon Don village.
3. Dray Nur Waterfall route
- Tay Nguyen Ethnic Vocational Training College (ADB-CIDA);
- Leprosy village in Dray Sap commune (AFRF);
- Ea-kao – Buon Bu rural road (WB)
- Dray Nur Waterfall.