Eye Care Working Group
The Eye Care Group was established in line with the Vision 2020 to support national efforts to achieve the goal of eliminating avoidable blindness in Vietnam. After several informal meetings among some eye care-related NGOs, the idea of having af working group was raised.
Many eye care-related NGOs have already played a significant role in developing eye care services in Vietnam, and some of them have established permanent offices in Vietnam.
The Eye Care Group is open for members of all eye care-related NGOs operating in Vietnam. The founding members were ORBIS, Fred Hollows Foundation, Helen Keller International, CBM, International Trachoma Initiative and Mekong Eye Doctors. Atlantic Philantropies has also joined the group.
The term eye care relates to all aspects of activities related to vision care, promotion of eye health, prevention of eye diseases, treatment and rehabilitation, including education of the visually impaired.
- Advocate for and support the development and implementation of a National V2020 Blindness Prevention Strategic Plan in Vietnam
- Promote comprehensive eye care, including prevention, education, rehabilitation and treatment in Vietnam
- Serve as an open forum for information on programmes, project activities, lessons learnt, experiences and best practices regarding comprehensive eye care in Vietnam
- Discuss potential support provided by members of the group to national concerned institutions in the development of Vietnam’s national plan of actions for comprehensive eye care
- Discuss potential collaboration among related organisations and institutions working on providing comprehensive eye care
Join the Eyecare mailing list
Your E-mail address: Your Name (optional):
You may enter a privacy password below. This provides only mild security, but should prevent others from messing with your subscription. Do not use a valuable password as it will occasionally be emailed back to you in cleartext. If you choose not to enter a password, one will be automatically generated for you, and it will be sent to you once you've confirmed your subscription. You can always request a mail-back of your password when you edit your personal options.
Password choice: Confirm Password:
Would you like to receive list mail batched in a daily digest? (You may choose NoMail after you join.) No Yes