[dmwg] Presentation and updates on Typhoon HAIYAN - DMWG Urgent Meeting

Phan Thu Ha haphan at ngocentre.org.vn
Mon Nov 11 09:57:12 GMT 2013

Dear all,
The presentation and initial updates on HAIYAN Typhoon at DMWG meeting
today is now available on DMWG subpage - NGORC website for those who did
not attend the meeting.

Thanks Chairman Viet for quick action and all for active participation
today. Please find the link  below for detail presentation by Viet. and
also see below message for the summary of our meeting.

http://www.ngocentre.org.vn/webfm_send/6045

Best,
Thuha

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for your time and excellent participation to the
Coordination Meeting at Oxfam office today.

Below is a summary of our agreements at the meeting:

•According to available sources of information, typhoon situation seems
to be under control by state and local communities in all affected
provinces. Therefore, deployment of JAT team is not seen as a priority
by DMWG at this stage. Agencies who are active in the field should share
back rapid assessment reports with DMWG;

•Situations monitoring should be continued in remaining 11 provinces
along Northern and Central coasts

•International response coordination will be continued through updating
a common Relief Support Matrix and uploading on NGO RC website

•UN SitRep will be issued today (Nov 11th) and shared back to DMWG and
relevant stakeholders

Details of our discussion at the meeting today can be referred to the
attached joint presentation that we have all contributed to.

Very best,

Viet – Oxfam

DMWG Chair

--