[dmwg] request the idea for AADMER case stories

Christy Davis Christy_Davis at wvi.org
Mon Nov 4 16:56:14 ICT 2013

Dear DMWG colleagues,

To follow up on Ms Nga's note below -

As you know from our AADMER Orientation last September, we will be
collecting three examples of "AADMER on the ground" to include in a final
report on the AADMER Phase 2 project in Vietnam.  This is at the request
of the DDMFSC.  In addition to a full report on our AADMER activities over
the past year, we will be seeking to show linkage of policy to actual
activity at the commune level in addition to linkage to the National
Strategy.

These case studies will be non-technical, non-academic stories of about 5
pages each.  We are seeking a story for each region of Vietnam (north,
central and south), as Ms Nga noted as well in her note below.

The key for stories is being able to show results of AADMER - DRR and DRM
- and/or substantial progress toward specific goals.  Multi-stakeholder
projects and initiatives are welcome.

Ms Nga and Ms Trang will be available to travel to the field locations of
the selected sites to interview stakeholders and gather information.  We
are using the attached basic checklist as a framework for story-gathering.
 We are also happy to take existing relevant documentation you may have
and modify/edit it to fit our guideline.

Time is of the essence, as now that we have survived ARDEX, we are moving
quickly to document these stories and our final report this month!  Thank
you for understanding our urgency.

Thank you for your assistance and cooperating with Ms Nga and Ms Trang.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact them
directly, Mr Duong, or myself.

Best regards,
Christy Davis
World Vision - Regional AADMER Lead

Christy Davis | Director, Public Engagement, South Asia & Pacific Region
World Vision International
Mobile: +65 8189 9841 | Office Direct Line: +65 6511 7120 | Office: +65
6511 7100
E-mail: christy_davis at wvi.org | Skype: christydavis
Office Address: 750B Chai Chee Road #03-02, Technopark @ Chai Chee,
Singapore 469002