[dmwg] DMWG meeting agenda for May_20 May 2016 2:00PM at NGO centre

Bui Viet Hien bui.viet.hien at undp.org
Wed May 18 18:33:35 ICT 2016

Dear Yen and colleagues,

As discussed with Yen - DMWG chair yesterday, please could we have an update of drought response in the agenda. Very much I agree with suggestion from SC below. From the UNDRM team, we would like to provide an update on the drought response work and discuss of further steps at the meeting.

The UN and MARD is planning for a technical meeting with relevant inter-sector/technical agencies and DRR stakeholders early next week to update the Drought Emergency Response Plan<http://www.un.org.vn/en/media-releases3/69-un-press-releases/4013-viet-nam-appeals-for-us$48-5-million-to-respond-to-worsening-drought.html> (attached), including bot response efforts as well as planning for early recovery. WE tried to combine with our DMWG meeting, however, the GoV counterparts had a very tight schedule for this week. We will keep you all posted of the schedule.

Thank you very much!

Kindly be informed of our current UN sector leads/contacts to implement the ERP as below:

Agency

Sector

Focal points

Backup focal point

Email addresses

1

UNICEF

WASH

Lalit Patra

Friday Nwaigwe

lpatra at unicef.org<mailto:lpatra at unicef.org>; fnwaigwe at unicef.org<mailto:fnwaigwe at unicef.org>

2

UNICEF

Nutrition

Nguyen Dinh Quang

Friday Nwaigwe

ndquang at unicef.org<mailto:ndquang at unicef.org>; fnwaigwe at unicef.org<mailto:fnwaigwe at unicef.org>

3

UNDP

Early Recovery
& member of WASH

Jenty Kirsch-Wood

Bui Viet Hien

jenty.kirsch-wood at undp.org<mailto:jenty.kirsch-wood at undp.org>; bui.viet.hien at undp.org<mailto:bui.viet.hien at undp.org>

4

UNWOMEN

Member of WASH

Sumaiya Kabir

Thuy Anh Tran

sumaiya.kabir at unwomen.org<mailto:sumaiya.kabir at unwomen.org>; thuyanh.tran at unwomen.org<mailto:thuyanh.tran at unwomen.org>

5

WHO

HEALTH

Vu Quang Hieu

Ton Tuan Nghia

vuh at who.int<mailto:vuh at who.int>;
tont at who.int<mailto:tont at who.int>

6

FAO

Food security

Roberta Tranquilli

Oanh Nguyen Phuong

Roberta.Tranquilli at fao.org<mailto:Roberta.Tranquilli at fao.org>; oanh.nguyenphuong at fao.org<mailto:oanh.nguyenphuong at fao.org>

(*) Note: Clusters have not been activated in Viet Nam at the present time. Nevertheless, the UN agencies with sector lead focal point(s) have regular coordination with a number of partners to develop their sector response strategies, including government counterparts, international NGOs active in the same sector, Vietnamese civil society and mass organizations

Sincerely,

UN DRMT Secretariat