[general_devel] Celebrate Earth Day 2009
vern.weitzel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 17:14:54 BST 2009
Subject: [procor] Celebrate Earth Day 2009
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:31:20 -0400
From: ProCor <procor at procor.org>
Reply-To: Global Dialogue <procor at list.procor.org>
To: Global Dialogue <procor at list.procor.org>
Celebrate Earth Day today by engaging in physical activity that protects your
heart and the planet. Here are our suggestions for ways in which you can promote
personal and environmental health on Earth Day 2009.
- Turn off the television or radio and engage in a physical activity that you enjoy.
- Walk or ride a bicycle instead of taking a bus or driving.
- Support your local parks or natural areas by visiting them (and carry a bag to
pick up litter along the way).
- Buy foods locally and seasonally.
- Recycle tin cans by decorating them and planting fresh herbs to flavor your
meals instead of salt.
- Plant a garden and enjoy your own vegetables or flowers.
- Eat less meat and increase consumption of fruits, vegetables, and fish.
- Cook vegetables by quickly steaming them in a small amount of water to retain
more nutrients and use less fuel.
- Advocate for healthier foods and physical activity programs in local schools.
Visit the Earth Day website (http://earthday.net) for more ideas and ways to get
Download a flyer of our suggestions for ways in which you can promote personal
and environmental health on Earth Day.
PDF (119 KB): www.procor.org/usr_doc/ProCor_Earth_Day_2009_flyer.pdf
Editor in Chief, ProCor
More information about the general_devel