[Ngo-emwg] Equitas human right training in Canada

Van van at vietnampsu.org
Mon Nov 2 16:01:33 ICT 2015

Dear colleagues

Please find below the information regarding the Equitas program on human
right training launched this year for the study in 2016. Civil society
representatives, human rights organisations, human rights activists from
around the world, including Vietnam are invited to apply for participation
in the course.  There are a limited number of bursaries for successful
applicants.  The deadline for application is November 23, 2015. The course
will be from June 5 – June 24, 2016

Thanks for your interest and sorry for possible cross posting.

Best regards

Van

Invitation to submit an application for the:

37th International Human Rights Training Program (IHRTP)

Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, Québec, Canada, June 5 - June 24, 2016

Greetings from Equitas!

We are delighted to contact you today with details about our next annual
International Human Rights Training Program. The International Human Rights
Training Program (IHRTP) is an internationally recognized intensive three
week training program. It is the only training in the world specifically
dedicated to building the capacity and skills of human rights educators.

The program is a unique opportunity for human rights educators to acquire
practical tools to improve the effectiveness and impact of their work while
deepening their understanding of human rights. We are looking forward to
another inspiring three-week program and the opportunity to meet around 90
participants from about 50 different countries.

We invite your organization to submit an application for this program and/or
forward the information to your network of human rights activists. The
Application Form, Program information and Memorandum of agreement are
available, in English and French
<https://equitas.org/en/what-we-do/human-rights-defenders-and-educators/ihrt
p/?lang=en> here , and you can find more information on our web site at:
<http://www.equitas.org> www.equitas.org.

In identifying who should apply, please bear in mind that the IHRTP is
intended for human rights workers and educators. The goal of the IHRTP is to
strengthen the capacity of human rights organizations to undertake human
rights education aimed at building a global culture of human rights. The
curriculum is based on principles of adult experiential learning, in which
participants and facilitators engage in a process of mutual teaching and
learning. The Application form provides a detailed description of the
Program.

We received more than 600 applications for the 2015 IHRTP and it is
therefore likely that this year again, we will not have enough spaces for
all of the qualified candidates. The selection process and participant
profile we are looking for are described in the attached document. The
Equitas Selection Committee gives priority to the organizations best able to
demonstrate their commitment and effectiveness in relation to human rights
promotion and education. Consideration is also given to overall gender
balance, geographic representation and the availability of bursaries.

Equitas is a non-profit, non-governmental organization established in 1967,
as the Canadian Human Rights Foundation, and dedicated to the promotion of
human rights through education in Canada and around the world.  Through
various programs, with the IHRTP being our core activity, we help
organizations build their capacity to engage in human rights education,
promotion and democratic development.  For more information about our
activities in Canada, as well as all over the world, please visit our
website at  <http://www.equitas.org> www.equitas.org.

Please note that the deadline for receiving applications to participate in
the IHRTP is November 23, 2015 and that only the 2016 Application Forms will
be accepted.

Should you have comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact the
IHRTP team at  <mailto:ihrtp-pifdh at equitas.org> ihrtp-pifdh at equitas.org

Yours sincerely,

The IHRTP team

Important Documents (3):
1. Program Information (pdf) – Download it
<https://equitas.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Information-package-IHRTP-20
16-.pdf> here >
2. Application Form - Download it
<https://equitas.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/2016-IHRTP-Application-Form.
docx> here >
3. Memorandum of Agreement - Download it
<https://equitas.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/2016-IHRTP-Memorandum-of-Agr
eement.docx> here >