IT and Communications Officer
The Centre for Sustainable Rural Development (SRD) is a National NGO which inherits experience of CIDSE’s 27 years working in poverty alleviation in Vietnam. They empower disadvantaged communities in rural and mountainous areas to sustainably manage their own livelihood systems, regardless of ethnic group, gender or religious belief.
SRD currently focuses on sustainable agriculture, rural livelihoods, climate change, local governance and policy advocacy. SRD prioritizes the poor and the poorest in the
mountainous and disadvantage communities.
As SRD is growing and gains more recognition within the development community, they are looking for a qualified candidate for the position as IT and Communications Officer to be in charge of IT and communication activities of SRD. This position offers good opportunities for working, learning and sharing within the dynamic Programme Team of SRD.
1. Monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of the organisation:
a. installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
b. monitoring and maintaining SRD’s good computer systems, internet connection and LAN network;
c. supporting the roll-out of new applications and IT technology
2. Work with other SRD staff to implement communication activities of SRD:
a. Produce a bi-annual e-newsletter linked to the SRD website;
b. Prepare English and Vietnamese Annual Reports;
c. Generate media interests surrounding important SRD activities;
d. Develop, monitor and update SRD website.
3. Undertake other tasks as required.
- University graduate or equivalent in the communication or IT;
- At least 2 years professional working experience in the relevant fields (IT and communication);
- Working experience with NGO is an advantage;
- Experience and skills in web administration is an advantage;
- Experience and skills in writing is an asset;
- High team work spirit and good interpersonal skills;
- Very good written and spoken English.
Remuneration: Net income would be from 300 -700 USD per month depending on qualification and competitiveness
Please send an English-written-cover letter stating why you are suitable for this position, together with a Curriculum Vitae and copy or scanned of relevant degrees by 28 February, 2010 to:
The Centre for Sustainable Rural Development
Number 56, lane 19/9, Kim Dong street,
Hoang Mai district, Hanoi
REF: Recruitment IT and Communication Officer
Email to: [email protected]
Please visit SRD website for more details: www.srd.org.vn
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will not be returned.