Recovery Programme Manager
Save the Children in Vietnam (SC) works to promote every child’s rights to survival, protection, participation and development as set forth in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. The current programme focuses on the following core sectors: Health and Nutrition; HIV/AIDS prevention; Care and support; Education; Child protection; Child-focused emergency preparedness and response; Child rights agenda, including Civil society development, Economic opportunities, Child poverty Research, and Advocacy for child-friendly development policy and practice.
Save the Children (SC) has been responding to the impacts of 2009’s Typhoons in Quang Tri and Phu Yen Provinces in central Vietnam. SC will be targeting vulnerable children and families with an integrated livelihoods, nutrition, WASH, education and health programme. DRR will be a key cross-cutting theme over the next year.
RECOVERY PROGRAMME MANAGER
Based in Quang Tri
Save the Children is looking for a qualified international candidate for the position of RECOVERY PROGRAMME MANAGER for Emergency Programme. The successful candidate will be joining the project team based in Quang Tri.
The post holder is responsible for overall management and coordination of Save the Children’s Typhoon Recovery Programme including strategic and operational development; representation & co-ordination internally and externally; financial budgeting and monitoring; technical co-ordination, team supervision and support; and reporting. The post holder will also play a lead role in any emergency response initiated during the up-coming storm-season in Vietnam (from September onwards). The post holder will ensure there is a handover and transition plan in place to existing development structures or to the national emergency team that will support ongoing programming.
- Bachelors Degree in relevant subject
- 5 years experience in relief operation, recovery and/or disaster preparedness
- Demonstrated experience in programme management (minimum 2-3 years).
- Demonstrated skills in programme design, monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated strong skills in financial and grants management, and donor reporting
- Proven skills in organisational representation, co-ordination and advocacy
- Demonstrated skills in personnel management and team development and training
- Must be computer literate and able to self- service for routine office purposes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A proven commitment to children’s rights and equality of opportunity
- Political awareness.
- Ability and willingness to travel for extended periods even during the weekend if needed.
A detailed job description for the position and the application form is available at the website: http://www.savethechildren.net/vietnam/vacancies/index.html
Please send CV and a completed application form, details of three references and a covering letter, which addressing the list of competencies in to:
HR section, Save the Children - E3, Ngoai Giao Doan Trung Tu, 6 Dang Van Ngu - Dong Da, Hanoi or by Email: [email protected]
The closing date for application is 5 p.m. Apr 16th 2010. Applications will be treated in confidence. Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs will not be returned. Interviews may happen before the closing date due to urgency of the emergency work.
Their selection processes reflect their commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Their people are as diverse as the challenge they face. CVs will only be accepted with a completed application form.