- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Term of Reference (TOR)
Title: Communications Volunteers
Number of position: 08
Location: Hue, Vietnam
Type of Contract: Short term contract
Length of Contract: 15 August – 10 September
Report to: Communications Coordinator
Orbis is a global non-profit organization headquartered in New York that works to prevent and treat avoidable blindness through hands-on training, public health education, and improved access to quality eye care, through partnerships with local health care organizations. Since 1982, Orbis has been a pioneer in global eye health and has worked in 92 countries. Orbis' story began with our first Flying Eye Hospital, a fully-equipped mobile teaching hospital on board an aircraft. In addition to our Flying Eye Hospital programs, we have long-term plans in countries including Bangladesh, China, Ethiopia, India, South Africa, Vietnam, and Zambia – with additional programs in parts of Latin America and the Caribbean.
2. Job Summary:
Are you passionate about volunteering?
Are you keen on helping less fortunate people?
Are you a productive, thoughtful, accountable person?
During 15 August to 10 September, Orbis Vietnam will organize a significant and meaningful mission to support local people in Thua Thien Hue. We are looking for volunteers who are active and enthusiastic about helping and contributing to our program.
3. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as Orbis Ambassador to coordinate and encourage local patients who join in the event.
- Support logistic manager, communication manager, photographer in communication with local partners, translate and explanation for local patient/people about the required information and conditions.
- Taking photos and filming the event's activities
- Logistic support for the opening ceremony, attend the event to welcome guests and coordinate the program’s tour after the opening ceremony.
- Coordinating transportation, accommodation, meals, water supply during the program
- Coordinate and logistic support for activities in the hospital.
4. Required Experience:
- Hue citizen is a priority
- Excellent language skills in English and Vietnamese
- Well-organized with multi-tasking skills
- Strong coordination skills,
- Proactive in liaising and problem solving,
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills,
- Basic knowledge of Orbis Vietnam program,
- Adheres to Orbis values, which are: Trust, Commitment, Accountability, Caring, Excellent.
5. Volunteer benefits:
- A daily allowance (currently at VND 300,000 gross per day)
- Opportunity to work in an international, multitasking environment,
- Gaining career experience in community service, logistic, administration, and event implementation.
- Make new friends and contacts, increase your social and relationship skills
- Brings fun and fulfillment to your life
Interested candidates, please send your CV and cover letter [email protected] quoting the position title "Communications 2019 Volunteers" in the subject line of the email before 5 July 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.