- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Education and Training Project Assistant
Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) is a Christian nonprofit organization providing aid to hurting people around the world. With a 22 year history working in Vietnam, SPIR has developed strong relationships with partners to conduct projects in 5 sectors health, education, protection, livelihood and relief.
SPIR Vietnam’s projects are being implemented in Hanoi, Quang Nam, the central province of Vietnam and across the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Yen Bai and Lai Chau where the majority of people are from ethnic minority groups, often the most vulnerable or marginalized sections of the population.
We are now seeking highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Education and Training Project Assistant
Grade: Entry Level Program
Position Duration: 06 months (July to December 2019)
Duty Station: Hanoi with frequent travel to project locations
Reports To: Education and Training Project Manager
Education and Training (E&T) Program of Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) is an on-going program with a key focus on life skills training and scholarship support for disadvantaged and vulnerable students in society, including orphans, visually impaired, and ethnic minorities. Currently, all projects are being implemented in Hanoi and Lao Cai province.
Education and Training Project Assistant performs project activities of the E&T Program under the guidance and direction of the E&T Project Manager in order to achieve all project goals. He/She is responsible for supporting and implementing project activities according to the plan, providing logistical support for E&T program, monitoring activities, and reporting under the direction of the E&T Project Manager, along with giving ideas and feedback for benefits of beneficiaries and the development of E&T projects.
- Project Implementation: Support Project Manager and Project Coordinator(s) with project implementation and monitoring. Assisting to coordinate and carry out activities at project locations including trainings, activities, assessments, monitoring, and evaluation under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Logistical Arrangements: Ensure logistical arrangements are prepared including transportation, accommodations, meals, and supplies for project activities.
- Trainings: Assist with and/or prepares and conducts Life skills training, Living value training with the development of supporting materials under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Monitoring: Supporting the monitoring of training and activities conducted by SPIR and partners. Able to complete survey on trainings and activities and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Reporting and Data Entry: Data is compiled from surveys, questionnaires, and activities to create summary of information for input into reports including data software and monthly reports.
- Stakeholder, Partner, and Government Relations: Assist the Project Manager and Project Coordinator(s) with meetings, communications, and related documentation. Works to foster strong relationships with partnering authorities.
- Financial management: Requests cash advances and ensure activity budgets are spent appropriately and according to donor requirements. Collects clear and accurate receipts and creates regular finance expense reports for activities completed with integrity. Reviews partner financial reporting for accuracy and meeting financial requirements.
- Documentation: Prepare documentation needed to track project activities, surveys, IC contracts, forms, purchase requests, etc.
- Schedule: Mange timely completion of the project under the direction of the Project Manager in coordination with partners.
- Procurement: Utilizing established office procedures to ensure the project has the necessary products and/or services to complete work in a timely manner.
- Quality: Overseeing activities to ensure they meet the quality needs for which it was approved.
- Communication: Ensure proper communication with team members and partners.
- Nurture a positive work environment, fostering a commitment to SP values and ethics.
- Other Responsibilities: SPIR works as a team to carry out programming and additional responsibilities will be assigned to achieve the goals of our project activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Education
- At least 01 years’ experience working with children/ INGO
- At least 01 years’ experience in project execution or formal training
- Strong willingness and passion to see help poor and disadvantaged in Vietnam.
- Intermediate English-written and spoken
- Fluency in Vietnamese-written and spoken
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills; high level of integrity.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Professional maturity: ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goals.
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
- Ability to travel frequently to remote villages in varying weather conditions to carry out project activities.
Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) in Vietnam is a Christian nonprofit organization. Candidates having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your cover letter and your SPIR Application form (as attached) to [email protected] referencing “Education and Training Project Assistant Opportunity” in the subject title.
Application Deadline: 17:00 pm, June 17, 2019