- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children started our work in Vietnam in 1990, and implements programs in the key thematic areas: Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Child Poverty, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Emergency Response. At present, Vietnam Country Office has programs in 20 out of 63 provinces in Vietnam.
Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam’s poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring adults, communities and partner organizations.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
Child Safeguarding positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
We are looking for a Vietnamese national for:
- Vacancy: ICT Officer
- Based in: Hanoi Office
The post holder is responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining effective and secured IT and telecommunications applications, equipment, systems and networks as required by Vietnam Country Programme, including technical and user support, troubleshooting and network administration, for Hanoi office and sub/area offices. The post-holder will ensure that the programme’s IT systems are optimised in support of overall organisational goals, represent best value for money and aligned with global standards and best practice. The post will support program teams with digital interventions within the framework of ICT for Development (ICT4D).
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree of IT and related field
- Minimum 5 years of work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of IT and related field experience.
- Knowledge of querying and reporting in Microsoft Access, knowledge of advanced mail merge in Microsoft Word, database operation and handling, communication and data management skills
- Significant working experience in a similar position.
- Proven knowledge of hardware maintenance and ability to solve simple hardware problems; this includes set-up and management of network devices e.g. printers, scanners, etc.
- Solid experience in maintaining, trouble-shooting and administering a Microsoft Windows-based (local area) network (and servers).
- Extensive working experience with anti-virus software for workstations (and servers).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, including XP and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and email-related products and concepts.
- Good working knowledge with Microsoft Exchange Server
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and domain system configuration.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, DC, ISA server, Domain Controller, DHCP server, NS server, RAS, VPN…
- Time management skill
- Proactive open minded and customer oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good English, including speaking, writing and reading
Please send CV and a completed application form, contact of three referees and a covering letter in English addressing the list of competencies to: 4th Floor, Mercury Building, No. 444 Hoang Hoa Tham street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi or by Email: [email protected]
The closing date for application is 5pm on 10th December 2018. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.