- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Junior Administrative Officer/ Finance “ESP”
As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam .
The GIZ Energy Support Programme is working with the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) on the development of the energy sector in Viet Nam. The current technological focus is on solar power, wind power, bioenergy, energy access and energy efficiency and smart grid.
The Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (4E), financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and co-financed by the European (EU) in the framework of the EU-Viet Nam Energy Facility, supports the government and key stakeholders to improve the preconditions for universal energy access, utilization of renewable energy and increase of energy efficiency. GIZ provides Technical Assistance for the implementation of the EU-Viet Nam Energy Facility, which includes support to EREA and other stakeholders on renewable energy, energy efficiency and energy data statistics as well as the Secretariat of the Viet Nam-Energy Partnership Group (VEPG) between the Government of Viet Nam and Development Partners in order to better coordinate Official Development Assistance (ODA) in the energy sector and to align it with Viet Nam’s development goals and priorities.
The Energy Support Programme (ESP) requires a qualified local professional for the positions of:
Junior Administrative Officer/ Finance “ESP”
Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration: 1-year contract starting ASAP with the possibility of extension
The Junior Administrative Officer will support and assist the Team Leader and the Administrative Officer in the following areas:
- Implementation and monitoring of the financial accounting system such as budget preparation and monitoring, cash flow forecasting and monitoring, cost monitoring etc. for the assigned project(s) of energy support programme (ESP) in line with GIZ standard procedures
- Ensuring that the financial services within the programme are carried out in accordance with GIZ financial and accounting guidelines and with standard procedures for project accounting systems
- Effectively coordinating with the technical officers in the various ESP sub-teams as well as with colleagues of the finance section at GIZ country office or finance department at GIZ head office
- Ensuring effective and efficient communication and flow of information within the projects/programme
- Support and deputy other Admin Officer – Finance when required.
- A University Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as business administration/Finance and Accounting
- At least 1 year of professional working experience in the area concerned; initial experience (internship or similar) in this area
- Experience in a similar position in a project/programme in international development cooperation is an asset
- Strong experience in general administration and especially contract and procurement management;
- Full proficiency in information technologies
- Vietnamese mother tongue and full proficiency in English
- Excellent management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Dynamic, reliable and open-minded character having the willingness to excel and perform on a high-level, even under pressure and tight deadlines
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to [email protected] ) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 05th February 2020.
Note: Please state the following in the subject line “Application for the Junior Administrative Officer/Finance “ESP”
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: https://bit.ly/2PdtLgf
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE