- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
National Volunteer-Program Officer
WORLD UNIVERSITY SERVICE OF CANADA
Position title: National Volunteer-Program Officer
Position location: Hanoi Vietnam
Contract term: 1 year
Start Date: April 2019
World University Service of Canada (WUSC) is a Canadian non-profit organization that works to create opportunities for education, employment and empowerment for under- privileged youth and women worldwide. WUSC is currently managing the Uniterra Program in Vietnam, funded by the Global Affairs of Canada (GAC). Uniterra is a volunteer cooperation and international development program that strengthens organizations and networks by pooling expertise and knowledge and contributes to improving the socio-economic conditions of local communities in 14 countries in Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia.
WUSC wishes to recruit a national volunteer – a Program officer to support its partner- Vietnam Association of Community Colleges (VACC).
Role and Responisbilities:
Reporting to WUSC Vietnam Country Coordinator and the appointed manager at VACC, the Program Officer shall cover the following roles:
- Work with VACC to help strengthen coordination activities with their members
- Work with VACC and its members to promote linkages between training institutions and businesses
- Suport VACC to strengthen project management activities
- Ensure the participation of women and youth, as well as their representation, in all activities of and all program benefits;
- Write reports required by VACC and the Uniterra program.
- Other tasks as required by WUSC/Uniterra Vietnam
- University or Higher degree on economics, social sciences or a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience with international organisations
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in cross-cultural environments
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Vietnamese.
UNITERRA Volunteer Benefits:
- A monthly allowance (currently at CAD1050 gross per month)
- Health insurance cost of up to CAD80 per month
- Leave entitlement of 20 days per year
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your CVs with a coverting letter to [email protected] before 5:00 pm March 15th, 2019.