- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Job Announcement of Program Assistant
Our announcement will be closed by 26th April 2019
Habitat for Humanity International founded in United States in 1976. Habitat now works in 1,400 communities across the U.S. and in nearly 70 countries and has helped 6.8 million people achieve strength, stability and independence through safe, decent and affordable shelter.
HFH Vietnam has been working in Vietnam since 2001. As of June 2016, HFH Vietnam has enabled more than 13,600 low-income Vietnamese families to improve their living conditions through decent homes, clean water and safe sanitation and post-disaster reconstruction and repairs. In addition, HFH Vietnam has provided training in disaster preparedness, financial education, hygiene practices, and construction skills, among others, to more than 75,800 individuals.
A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Seeking to put God’s love into action Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Position: Program Assistant
Report to: Senior Program Manager
Work Location: Ho Chi Minh Office and Southern Project Locations
- The position plays a supporting role to successfully implement HFHV agreed programs/projects with local authorities & partners in the assigned region
- S/he plays a supporting role in hosting volunteer teams
1. Contributing to organizational (HfHV) sustainable development
- Maintains & promote HFHI image and reputation to partners and other stakeholders
- Support in providing inputs on community preferences to program and technical teams when relevant
2. Build & Maintain Partnership with Stakeholders
- Represents Habitat for Humanity Vietnam (HFHV) to the local partners, community and family partners on occasional basis
3. Implementing programs
- Provides program admin supports: Preparing documents, filling records, management of program movement assets
- Manages updating master vendor lists, searching suppliers and preparing procurement
- Provides supports in Project activities: partnership development, family selection, checking & reconciling loan collection, report data in microfinance / portfolio management.
- Provides support in VP logistics preparation and independently hosts a portion of volunteer teams in the respective region
4. Implementing cross-functions activities
- Work collaboratively with other program team and other functions in related issues/matters to ensure works are done properly and effectively
5. Implementing compliance
- Ensure Habitat’s policies like housing finance policy, safety, child protection, conflict of interest, non-discrimination etc. are fully observed during planning, implementing programs’ activities
- Ensure all relevant program documents/records are classified, stored properly to prevent lost/damage and/or confidential information leakage
- Ensure procurement, financial records within the assigned responsibilities are fully compliant to financial policies/procedures
- College/University degree in Humanities Science or Sociology or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of operational knowledge & experience in implementing community development projects
- Knowledge of Vietnam legal regulations and governmental policies on iNGO activities
- Able to list out key principles of HFHI standards in housing finance management and able to explain loan collection process and requirements
- Able to explain why international volunteers joining Habitat to build houses and able to recognize differences in diversified cultures and anticipate challenges in hosting international volunteers
- Basic knowledge of housing construction & housing micro finance terminologies
- Proficient knowledge & skills in using word, excel, powerpoint, email, internet....
- Intermediate level of organizing skills
- Intermediate level of problem solving
- Good communication skills in both Vietnamese & English
- Intermediate level of collaboration skills within and outside Habitat
- Self-confident, sensitive to different culture
- Flexible & responsive to changes
- The job requires normal physical condition to visit fields in unfavourable geographic regions/areas
Candidates who are Interested in Habitat’s Vision and Mission, and qualified for the job are welcome to send us your comprehensive English CV, and cover letter to highlight your interest and capabilities and contact details (including telephone number and email) of 3 references including most recent direct supervisors to [email protected]
According to strict regulations on work permit for foreigner, Habitat for Humanity Vietnam gives equal employment opportunity to Vietnamese qualified candidates.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.