- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
ENGLISH: Program Assistant
Competition Number: 2019-IM-04
Position Title: Program Assistant
Type: Term position. Term ends April 30, 2021
Section: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Location: Consulate General of Canada in Ho Chi Minh City
Starting Salary: 321,262,875 VND per year plus benefits
Hours of Work: 37.5/week
Closing Date: Oct 16, 2019 at 23:59 (GMT +7)
Area of Selection:
This position is open to candidates who hold documentation allowing them to work in Vietnam without restriction, all employees of the Embassy of Canada and Consulate General of Canada in Vietnam and all dependents of Canada Based staff who meet the essential qualifications, and whose applications are received by the closing date and time.
Under general supervision of the Immigration Program Manager or an Officer, supports the delivery of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC’s) Programs through furthering the processing of applications using procedural expertise, assisting an Officer in reporting and liaison, program integrity, Visa Application Centre (VAC) governance, promotion and recruitment activities or other support to clients. Requires a developed knowledge of established guidelines and procedures. Exercises initiative in organizing work, tracking resources, and resolving difficult problems.
- Screens documentation, applications and files; reviews for completeness and accuracy; identifies discrepancies; obtains and reviews data; seeks out missing or relevant information. Assesses problematic cases and researches internal/external sources to resolve problems or discrepancies and supports program integrity.
- Replies to and prepares pre-formatted and original correspondence and reports which may involve monitoring or researching of internal and external sources including the Internet.
- Develops and implements service delivery methods, tools, form letters, tracking tools for facilitating or improving existing processes.
- Plans for and guides support staff in the delivery of operational and processing services related to such areas as information management, electronic or hard copy, file creation, general application processing support.
- Provides a source of knowledgeable information and assistance to Officers, clients, stakeholders, both internal and external, on options, products, guidelines, local environment, and use of electronic support systems.
Translates and interprets written and verbal information as required.
- Researches internal and external sources and uses knowledge of the local environment to inform Officers regarding difficult problems in processing, legislative or regulatory conformance and assisting an officer in reporting and liaison, program integrity, promotion and recruitment activities and other program support.
- Utilizes office equipment such as computers to enter or access information, photocopier to reproduce information, scanners and fax machines to transmit or receive documentation, telephone, etc.
- Supports the administrative needs of the Immigration Program Manager, Officers and section, which may include maintaining budget records, preparing and tracking financial documents, maintaining calendars, arranging meetings, planning, preparing and executing travel and hospitality and preparing claims, on behalf of the IPM, Officers, and official visitors.
- Follows quality control guidelines to facilitate compliance and maintain database integrity.
- Participates in training and development of colleagues and support staff. May supervise the activities of other locally-engaged staff in the section.
- Performs other duties.
- Graduation from a recognized university with a Bachelor degree OR an acceptable combination of post-secondary education, training and work experience related to the duties and specific areas of competence required by the position.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing, oral communication)
Please enclose proof of English language abilities with your application. Language test results or other evidence may be submitted. If your language skills were previously assessed using a test administered by the Consulate General, please indicate this information in your cover letter.
- Fluency in Vietnamese (reading, writing and speaking)
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience within the last 5 years working on a team, in an administrative support OR case processing support OR client service position.
- Experience using computers in a networked environment and office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- General office procedures and practices.
- Computer software including email, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to communicate in English effectively and clearly both orally and in writing.
- Ability to set priorities, plan and organize work.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information quickly and efficiently and to determine next actions required.
- Ability to pay attention to details and concentrate in order to maintain a high degree of accuracy in ouput, even under time constraints.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with clients, colleagues and supervisors.
- Ability to adapt quickly to procedural and technological changes.
- Professional integrity and discretion
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Team player
- Action-oriented, self starter
Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate the following qualifications. Candidates should clearly indicate how they meet the following criteria, where applicable.
- Ability to speak, read and write in French
- Experience working in immigration or consular work at a diplomatic mission
- Experience working in an international office setting in English or French.
- Experience using GCMS
- Indepth knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Solid knowledge of Vietnamese civil documents (identity, education, employment, business, financial)
- Professional experience conducting research and preparing briefs or reports
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid “Reliability Status” security clearance from the Government of Canada, including providing, among other things, a criminal record check and validation of qualifications.
- Legally permitted to work in Vietnam.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime (evenings and weekends) on short notice as required.
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally as required
- The appointment of the successful candidate will be conditional on a one (1) year probationary period.
How to apply:
To apply, candidates must submit the following:
- A cover letter (maximum of 2 pages) which clearly demonstrates how they meet the Essential Qualifications (education, language and experience) and any of the Asset Qualifications. It is not sufficient simply to state that the candidate meets the requirements or to list current responsibilities.
- Resumes may be used as a secondary source to elaborate the experience described in the cover letter.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- Proof of education completed (may be a scanned copy).
- Candidates whose applications are recived by the closing date/time will undergo initial screening for the above essential qualifications specifically in the areas of education, language, experience. Only applications that comply with the instructions above will be considered.
- Failure to demonstrate how the candidate meets the essential qualifications will result in the application being screened out.
- Applications must be submitted by email. The subject line of email must include your FULL NAME (in capital letters) followed by the competition number: 2019-IM-04.
- Send your complete application (as described above) to: [email protected]
- Only applications received by email before the cut-off date and time and that comply with the instructions above will be considered for screening.
- Candidates screened in will be contacted for further assessment which may include: written test; practicalexercises; and/or personal interview. Reference checks will be conducted as a part of the evaluation process.
- Individuals previously employed by IRCC must successfully pass a reference check with the supervisor.
- Only candidates that are screened in for further assessment will be contacted by the HR section.
- The costs arising from participation in this selection process will be each candidate’s responsibility. The Consulate General of Canada does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams, nor does it reimburse any relocation costs in the event of appointment.
- The Consulate General of Canada does not directly or indirectly sponsor work permits and does not assist successful candidates in obtaining a residence or work permit.
- The results of this staffing process may be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for this position and similar positions, including indeterminate, term, acting opportunities and emergency which might arise in the next 12 months.
- The Government of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- The Government of Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise us in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
- Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed co nfidentially.