- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Competition Number: 2019-IM-03
Position Title: Program Support
Type: Term position. Term ends April 30, 2021
Section: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Location: Consulate General of Canada in Ho Chi Minh City
Starting Salary: 266,711,014 VND per year plus benefits
Hours of Work: 37.5/week
Closing Date: October 13, 2019 at 23:59 (GMT +7)
Area of Selection:
This position is open to candidates who hold documentation allowing them to work in Vietnam without restriction, all employees of the Embassy of Canada and Consulate General of Canada in Vietnam and all dependents of Canada Based staff who meet the essential qualifications, and whose applications are received by the closing date and time.
Under general supervision, provides multi-task support services to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC’s) programs and operations. Exercises initiative in seeking out information to complete files or tasks. Requires a general knowledge of established guidelines.
- Provides routine information and assistance to internal and external clients to facilitate their compliance with requirements, or their understanding of application processes.
- Enters and validates information in departmental on-line systems; reviews applications and documents; identifies shortcomings including incomplete applications, missing, or irregular information.
- Processes fee payments and prepares documents for refunding of fees.
- Maintains filing system, uses internal systems and accesses departmental websites to search or track information.
- Utilizes office equipment such as a computer, photocopier, scanners, fax machines, specialized printers, biometric capturing equipment, and telephones.
- Researches internal and external sources to support information gathering for the processing of the file or application and to support program integrity.
- Translates and interprets written and verbal information as required.
- Provides assistance and guidance to colleagues and shows new employees how to perform duties.
- Performs other duties.
- Successful completion of high school. Proof of successful completion must be included with your application.
- Fluency in the English language (reading, writing, speaking, listening).
Please enclose proof of English language abilities with your application. Language test results or other evidence may be submitted. If your language skills were previously assessed using a test administered by the Consulate General, please note this information in your cover letter.
- Previous paid work experience in an administrative support or client service position for a period of at least 1 year within the last 5 years.
- Previous work experience as a member of a team that worked together to deliver objectives.
- Work experience which included daily use of computers in a networked environment and office software including Word, Excel and email (Outlook).
- General office procedures and practices.
- Computer software including email, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to communicate in English effectively and clearly both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and organize work in order to meet targets and work objectives.
- Ability to review information quickly and efficiently according to established criteria.
- Ability to pay attention to details and maintain a high degree of accuracy in output, even under time constraints.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with clients, colleagues and supervisors.
- Team player
- Adaptability & Flexibility
Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate the following qualifications. Candidates should clearly indicate how they meet the following criteria, where applicable.
- Ability to speak, read and write in French fluently.
- Experience in immigration or consular work at a diplomatic mission.
- Experience working in an international office setting in English or French.
- Experience using GCMS.
- Indepth knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Solid knowledge of Vietnamese civil documents (identity, education, employment, business, financial).
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid “Reliability Status” security clearance from the Government of Canada, including providing, among other things, a criminal record check and validation of qualifications.
- Legally permitted to work in Vietnam.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime (evenings and weekends) on short notice as required.
- The appointment of the successful candidate will be conditional on a one (1) year probationary period.
How to apply:
To apply, candidates must submit the following:
- A cover letter (maximum of 2 pages) which clearly demonstrates how they meet the Essential Qualifications (education, language and experience) and any of the Asset Qualifications. It is not sufficient simply to state that the candidate meets the requirements or to list current responsibilities.
Resumes may be used as a secondary source to elaborate the experience described in the cover letter.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- Proof of education completed (may be a scanned copy).
Candidates whose applications are recieved by the closing date/time will undergo initial screening for the above essential qualifications specifically in the areas of education, language, experience. Only applications that comply with the instructions above will be considered.
Failure to demonstrate how the candidate meets the essential qualifications will result in the application being screened out without further consideration.
Applications must be submitted by email. The subject line of email must include your FULL NAME (in capital letters) followed by the competition number: 2019-IM-03.
Send your complete application (as described above) to: [email protected]
Candidates screened in will be contacted for further assessment which may include: written test; practical exercises; and/or personal interview. Reference checks will be conducted as a part of the evaluation process.
Individuals previously employed by IRCC must successfully pass a reference check with the supervisor.
- Only candidates that are screened in for further assessment will be contacted by the HR section.
- The costs arising from participation in this selection process will be each candidate’s responsibility. The Consulate General of Canada does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams, nor does it reimburse any relocation costs in the event of appointment.
- The Consulate General of Canada does not directly or indirectly sponsor work permits and does not assist successful candidates in obtaining a residence or work permit.
- The results of this staffing process may be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for this position and similar positions, including indeterminate, term, acting opportunities and emergency which might arise in the next 12 months.
- The Government of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- The Government of Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise us in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.