- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Program Volunteer– Deworming Program
East Meets West in Vietnam
East Meets West (EMW) is an international NGO headquartered in the United States and has offices in Southeast Asia. For nearly three decades, East Meets West’s programs have benefited underserved populations in Asia. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of underserved communities in Asia through evidence-based programs and technologies in the areas of newborn health; water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH); and education. In 2016, Thrive Networks’ programs will benefit more than 890,000 people living in poverty.
Currently, EMW is partnering the Vietnamese government and Evidence Action to implement an integrated deworming, sanitation and hygiene program in Phu Tho, Hoa Binh, Thanh Hoa and Nghe An. This program contemplates the following activities:
- Advocating for a formalized, systematic approach to school deworming to be undertaken by the government of Vietnam
- Supporting the Vietnamese government in the execution of multiple rounds of enhanced mass drug administrations (MDAs), including a training/distribution cascade that engages teachers, formalized M&E, and community sensitization
- A randomized trial of integrated deworming and hygiene education that will inform a potential scaled-up deployment of hygiene education with school deworming
We are looking for a program volunteer with the below detail information:
Position: Program Volunteer
Location: Ha Noi
Reporting: Program Coordinator
Desired start date: November 1, 2018
A&F support works
- Assists the Program Coordinator in implementing and following-up A&F works such as preparing logistics, checking financial forms/ supporting documents according to organization’ s policy
- Support to arrange logistics for meeting with local partners, field visit of donor, implementation team and research team for Deworming.
- Provide interpretation, translation of project documents English – Vietnamese and vice-versa
- Support monitoring and supervising the project activities in 4 provinces according to the project work plan.
- Support monitoring activities, travel to other 4 provinces to monitor the implementation of both deworming and hygiene/sanitation activities as required.
- Support to Thrive Networks team and Evidence Action team in collecting and checking required documents/data/reports.
- College or University degree in social work or related field of study.
- Command of Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Fluency in English and local language is required.
The deadline for the above position is 23 October, 2018. All interested candidates must submit a cover letter and CV to: East Meets West ( [email protected] ), subject: “Application for Program Volunteer– Deworming Program”. Electronic copies only.