- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Programs Manager (Reposted)
Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) is a Christian nonprofit organization providing aid to hurting people around the world. With a 22 year history working in Vietnam, SPIR has developed strong relationships with partners to conduct projects in 5 sectors health, education, protection, livelihood and relief.
SPIR Vietnam’s projects are being implemented in Hanoi, Quang Nam, the central province of Vietnam and across the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Yen Bai and Lai Chau where the majority of people are from ethnic minority groups, often the most vulnerable or marginalized sections of the population.
We are now seeking highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Programs Manager
Position Duration: 01 Year with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Hanoi with frequent travel to project locations
Reports To: Senior Programs Manager
The Programs Manager will oversee all programming and project activities in the five sectors Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) serves including health, education, protection, community outreach, and relief. This position will be responsible for, or leading staff in, writing program documents, including project proposals, reports, and impact stories, conducting research, in addition to looking for potential donors for expansion of projects. This will include meeting donor requirements in all these areas. The Programs Manager will work with the national project staff, senior managers and partners to strengthen and expand programming in the project areas. There will be a strong emphasis on supporting government and partner relations through meetings and reviewing documents.
- Project Management: Ensure projects are planned, implemented, and evaluated to the defined quality and within scope, budget, and time commitments. Support staff development through informal and formal training/coaching. Conduct regular project visits and assist in sector activities as needed.
- Government and Partner Relations: Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and new partners. Support team members in partnership building through the review of government documents project frameworks, letter of approvals, memorandum of understandings, travel request letters, etc.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Ensure data integrity through the review of activity workbooks, log frames, and data entry. Provide support to teams in evaluating results including baseline and end line surveys. Support staff through M&E trainings as needed.
- Communication Support: Provide internal and external reporting and marketing support. Represent the agency at relevant meetings. Assist with translation for International Field Staff.
- Program Improvement and Expansion: Identify ongoing project improvement and expansion opportunities. Contribute to continuation and new fund proposals in cooperation with program team.
- Financial Reviewing and Reporting: Review and ensure accuracy of financial transactions. Complete reporting on project activity spending. Review purchase requests, price quotes for purchasing, cash advance forms, financial activity spending reports, and monthly finance reports by project.
- Nurture a positive work environment, fostering a commitment to SP values and ethics.
- Other Responsibilities: SPIR works as a team to carry out programming and additional responsibilities will be assigned to achieve the goals of our project activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in associated field.
- At least 05 year experience working with ethnic minorities and/or rural communities of Vietnam in Project Management.
- Strong willingness and passion to see help poor and disadvantaged in Vietnam.
- Experience with capacity building training.
- Translation/Interpretation for government meetings, official documents, and to support international field staff.
- Formal project management certification or training preferred.
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese-written and spoken.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills; high level of integrity.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
- Ability to travel frequently to remote villages in varying weather conditions to carry out project activities.
This is a full time position that will begin with a two month probationary period. JD available upon request.
Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) in Vietnam is a Christian nonprofit organization.
Candidates having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Relocation package will be offered to the sucessful candidate.
Please note that Applications will be treated in confidence and cannot be returned, only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 17:00 pm, October 10, 2019