- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Project Manager - Spice for Equality Project
PROJECT MANAGER – SPICE FOR EQUALITY PROJECT
BACKGROUND AND RATIONALE
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV) is a non-profit, international development organisation founded 53 years ago, and now operating in 28 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors use their expertise in three sectors – Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – as well as the cross-cutting topics of gender, climate change and youth employment to contribute to solving some of the leading problems facing the world today. We work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV has been working in Vietnam since 1995, and currently has over 30 national and international staff. SNV Vietnam operates from a head office in Hanoi and projects in over 50 provinces in the country, including in the poorest and most remote areas.
SNV Vietnam has recently been awarded a contract to implement the “Spice for Equality” project under the “Gender Responsive and Equitable Agriculture and Tourism” (GREAT) programme funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and managed by CowaterSogema. This project will focus on improving the social and economic status of ethnic minority women in Vietnam by strengthening their engagement in the cinnamon value chain. We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to provide overall management of our proposed project.
- Overall management of all human, physical and financial resources allocated to the projects
- Monitor and guide the project implementation team to ensure that all project activities are carried out in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Formulate and implement M&E plan and reporting for project, including risk monitoring and reporting on changes, deviations and taking corrective actions if needed to keep project on track in line with project management standards, M&E framework and donor reporting requirements
- Prepare reports for submission to the donor and monitoring of relevant indicators for SNV’s own internal monitoring;
- Provide technical leadership on Market Systems Development in relation to the cinnamon value chain and mainstreaming of Women’s Economic Empowerment and gender equality into project approaches
- Apply and adapt SNV approaches to fit with the local context, collaborate with the Agriculture Extension Centre to organise women’s economic empowerment activities such as household dialogue, photo voice/communication events, etc.
- Work closely with other technical staff to implement and coordinate activities in the field.
- Lead the preparation of semi-annual, annual reports, project completion report and other ad-hoc reports for donors
- Contribute to the development and refinement of SNV’s technical approaches, products and tools in relevant fields e.g. inclusive value chains, gender, climate change etc.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships for implementation with a complex range of stakeholders, including public sector agricultural extension agencies, local government, private sector partners, development partners and local NGOs, as well as local cooperatives and communities.
- Other tasks as required by the Sector Leader.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in agriculture, rural development or similar fields
- At least 7 years’ experience working in agricultural value chains
- At least 3 years’ experience managing large and complex projects; past management experience on DFAT-funded projects is desirable
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of Women’s Economic Empowerment and Market Systems Development approaches in agriculture are highly desirable.
- Specific working knowledge and professional experience of the cinnamon sector and/or the Northern Mountainous provinces will be a distinct advantage
- Proven track record and relevant experience working in the agriculture sector of Vietnam with emphasis on standards, certification mechanisms and farmers’ capacity building;
- Knowledge of value chain methodologies and connecting farmers, farmer groups with private sector
- Deep knowledge of project management, coordination procedures, administrative systems, M&E systems and finance processes
- Proven ability to manage project budgets and ensure timely delivery of outcomes and reporting
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills, particularly with donor and national government counterparts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit towards work
- Excellent communication skills in English and Vietnamese, both spoken and written
- Excellent computer literacy
1 year with the potential for renewal
SNV National Staff Contract
DESIRED START DATE
Expected to start on 1st June 2019
Hanoi with frequent travel to Lao Cai province
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application via SmartRecruiter (National Project Manager) before 15th May 2019 if you wish to be considered for this position. All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
For more information, please refer to our website: www.snv.org/country/vietnam
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.