- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Senior Project Officer
Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children started our work in Vietnam in 1990, and implements programs in the key thematic areas: Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Child Poverty, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Emergency Response. At present, Vietnam Country Office has programs in 22 out of 63 provinces in Vietnam.
Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam’s poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring adults, communities and partner organizations.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
Child Safeguarding positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
We are looking for a Vietnamese national for:
- Position: Senior Project Officer
- Location: Bao Ha, Lao Cai
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following but not limited. Other duties that are in line with relevant skills, experience and role may be assigned by Line Manager and SMT’s members.
- Program Development
- Aware of the recent development in the sector of School Health & Nutrition (SHN) & Adolescents’ Development (AD) in Lao Cai and SC global priorities in these sectors, take lead in these Sponsorship core programs
- Support in developing Sponsorship 5 year plan (5YP) in line with Sponsorship Global strategy and SC Vietnam strategic direction, Lao Cai context in these sector,
- Provide technical assistance for Provincial Advocacy effort to endorse the Common Approaches in SHN & AD core program at different levels.
- Explore and maintain relationships with Technical Advisers from GSO Technical Working Group and other related stakeholders in SCI Vietnam program development in SHN & AD,
- Ensure that recommendations from beneficiaries, government partners, and donors are considered in Sponsorship program development,
- Work closely with MEAL staff to capture SHN & AD core program impact and lessons, ensure these are integrated in education program development
- Project Quality Management and Technical Support
- Take lead in preparation of the Sponsorship Annual Plan, Sponsorship Annual Report and other reports with high quality and in time when needed. Regularly review the annual work plan and budget and propose necessary adjustments related to 2 core program SHN & AD
- Provide direct technical support to Sponsorship staff and implementing partners in the implementation of planned project activities and facilitate the delivery or/and co-delivery of technical related issues with TAs during project implementation,
- Leading in providing direct coaching or mentoring to Sponsorship staff in the implementation of project activities and facilitate their technical capacity building.
- Representation and Partnership:
- Represent Save the Children in the province on general issues and technical issues as assigned;
- Participate in the related meetings of province level as assigned;
- Support in providing the report to provincial authorities as required by local Government;
- Develop, build and maintain positive and effective relations with local partners and authorities to create real shared ownership and collaboration.
Qualifications & Experiences
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity and Inclusion policies and procedures.
- Good understanding of challenges facing vulnerable children and communities in Lao Cai;
- Quick learner with ability to think strategically and creatively;
- Ability to provide technical support/inputs in developing and implementing sound M&E and Accountability system for children.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Vietnamese
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI mission, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and at different levels, to motivate and inspire team work
- Flexibility, live and thrive in challenging circumstances;
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Experience of working in an emergency setting and/or commitment to build that capacity;
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to respond effectively to challenges, and work effectively in a cross culture environment
All application packages must be submitted via
In case you cannot access to the above link, please send your updated CV (in English), your cover letter and your SC’s application form to Email: [email protected]
The closing date for application is 5 pm on 16 June 2019.
Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.