- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Technical Officer, Tuberculosis
FHI 360 is an international non-governmental organization that, in Vietnam, promotes the health and well-being of the Vietnamese people, particularly vulnerable and marginalized populations. It works with the Vietnam Ministry of Health and other national bodies, as well as provincial and district-level health services to achieve project aims. FHI 360 is currently implementing programs to address HIV prevention, testing, and treatment, TB case finding and treatment, clinical research, anti-microbial resistance, health system strengthening, maternal and child health and nutrition, diagnostics and laboratory services.
We are currently seeking a qualified and highly motivated Vietnamese national candidate to serve as Technical Officer, Tuberculosis (TB) for the USAID Sustainable HIV and TB Responses From Technical Assistance (USAID SHIFT) project, based in Hanoi and/or Ho Chi Minh City.
USAID SHIFT is a five-year contract managed by FHI 360 originally awarded to help local stakeholders achieve and sustain epidemic control. The purpose of USAID SHIFT is to strengthen human, organizational, and systems capacity to lead the national HIV and TB response and deliver innovative enhancements in HIV and TB services. USAID SHIFT is organized around two main areas to address both HIV and TB:
The Technical Officer, TB will serve as technical staff supporting the FHI 360 Vietnam country program in TB and multi-drug-resistant TB (TB/MDR-TB) active case finding and latent TB infection diagnosis and treatment. Under the leadership of the TB Technical Manager, the Technical Officer will help monitor the adoption of more effective and efficient practices in local TB service systems. The Technical Officer will help ensure priority provinces meet
their TB case findings and TB treatment completion targets.
- Provide technical support to monitor intensified TB case finding, focusing on provincial and district level implementation
- Provide technical support and capacity building program at site level in SHIFT supported sites.
- Provides technical assistance to ensure the quality of services in these settings, including assistance to implement guidelines, new algorithms, and standard operating procedures.
- Facilitates the coordination and timely delivery of demand-driven and needs-based technical assistance for TB case findings/treatment enrollment and retention in selected geographies.
- Supports the timely and accurate use of data use to improve to ensure project meet its case finding targets in selected priority provinces.
- Performs other relevant duties as requested.
Experience and abilities for the position:
- University degree in the medical or public health fields or equivalent years of experience; and experience with coordinating resources for large-scale international health projects
- Experience in providing TB services or technical assistance in Vietnam
- Experience with U.S. government contractual requirements and experience working in an international NGO environment desirable
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in both Vietnamese and English
- Ability to travel as necessary
FHI 360 offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to visit FHI 360’s career page at https://www.fhi360.org/careers and apply the position ONLINE by January 19, 2020. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.