[Capacity Development] Prestigious Paid, Overseas Fellowship in the U.S. - Seeking Applicants from South/East Asia!

Aparna Kothary aparna at atlascorps.org
Tue Apr 19 19:46:59 BST 2011

Greetings!

My name is Aparna Kothary and I am the U.S. Program Manager at Atlas Corps,
an international nonprofit that facilitates an exchange of nonprofit leaders
from around the world. We are looking for applicants for our one-year
Fellowship which will begin in September 2011. Applicants from Japan, Korea,
Thailand, or Indonesia can send a resume to apply at atlascorpsorg and then we
will notify them if they need to fill out a full application. More
information about the opportunity is below.

*Please forward widely. *

I am happy to answer any questions you may have have about Atlas Corps.

Thank you,
Aparna

*Would you consider forwarding this information to rising nonprofit leaders
with 2+ years of experience and proficient English to apply for our fully
paid for, prestigious fellowship?*

In particular, we are looking for rising nonprofit leaders from Japan, South
Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, or China. We are especially looking for
nonprofit leaders who speak Korean, Japanese or Bahasa.

In particular we are seeking:
1) social entrepreneurs from Korea to be placed at Ashoka
2) Asian nonprofit leaders who have experience with child rights /
trafficking for ICMEC (International Center for Missing and Exploited
Children)
3) any NGO/nonprofit/social sector leader with great experience in Japan,
South Korea, Thailand or Indonesia

More information and how to apply: http://www.atlascorps.org/apply.html

*** Candidates from South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand or Japan can apply by
just sending a resume to apply at atlascorps.org ***

Candidates need to have a college degree, be proficient in English and have
at least two years of nonprofit experience. The age of our Fellows ranges
from 24-34 and the average age is 29 years old.  Last year we had 1,000
people apply for 21 positions, but we don't have a lot of candidates from
East Asia so this could be a great chance for a strong candidate to get
accepted into a very prestigious program with a little bit less competiion
than usual.  Application deadline was April 15, but we are extending it to
April 30 to get more candidates from Asia.  All of the expenses are paid for
this year long fellowship and Fellows are placed at nonprofits in DC, NYC,
and San Francisco, such as Ashoka, the Grameen Foundation, Asian American
Lead, the UN Foundation and the International Center for Missing and
Exploited Children.

Deadline has been extended to April 30th for East Asia candidates, can you
help spread the word by forwarding this email to people you know?
http://www.atlascorps.org/apply.html

You could also post a short note on Facebook and Twitter:

*Nonprofit leaders in Asia! Apply for a prestigious fellowship in the U.S.
with @AtlasCorps http://www.atlascorps.org/apply.html Plz Rt*

Thanks!

Aparna Kothary
U.S. Program Manager