[Capacity Development] Atlas Corps Invites Applications for September 2012 Fellowships in the U.S. and Latin America

apply at atlascorps.org apply at atlascorps.org
Fri Mar 16 15:28:25 GMT 2012

Atlas Corps Invites Applications for September 2012 Fellowships in the U.S.
and Latin America

Priority Deadline: April 15, 2012 (see below for details)

 Atlas Corps is an overseas fellowship for the world's best nonprofit
leaders. Our mission is to address critical social issues by developing
leaders, strengthening organizations, and promoting innovation through an
overseas fellowship of skilled nonprofit professionals.

 The Atlas Corps Fellowship is a 12-18 month, professional fellowship
offered three times a year. Fellows serve full-time at Host Organizations
such as Ashoka, the Grameen Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, Susan G.
Komen for the Cure, the UN Foundation, Oxfam, World Wildlife Fund, and the
U.S. Peace Corps. In addition to serving at an organization related to
their experience, Fellows will develop their leadership skills and
nonprofit best practices while networking with other Fellows who are
skilled nonprofit professionals from around the world.

 Atlas Corps seeks overseas nonprofit leaders to apply for a September 2012
Fellowship in the U.S. or Latin America. This prestigious fellowship
includes a living stipend to cover basic expenses (food, local
transportation, and housing), basic health insurance, enrollment in the
Atlas Corps Nonprofit Management Training Program, and flight and visa
costs.

 Our U.S. Fellowship program is specifically seeking the profiles below for
specific Host Organizations in our September 2012 class:

- Spanish speakers: social work or legal experience

- Asia: event planning and project management experience, background in
global health or trade and energy preferred

- China: event planning and knowledge of security in China

- South Sudan and Sudan: nonprofit leaders

- Iraq: nonprofit leaders

- East Africa (especially Tanzania and Madagascar): environmental
conservation, communications, fundraising experience

- Global: Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) rights experience

- Global: ehealth/mobile health technology experience

- Global: strong technology expertise, especially in programs like Ruby on
Rails, Java, HTML, website development, and social media

- Global: Individuals with experience in early childhood development,
international teaching, and international education

 Eligibility Requirements:

- 2 or more years of relevant experience in the nonprofit/NGO/social sector

- Bachelor's degree or equivalent

- English proficiency (oral, writing, reading)

- 35 years or younger (average age is 28 years old)

- Applying to volunteer in a country other than where you are from

- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-18 month fellowship

 Deadline: Atlas Corps considers applications on a rolling basis. Apply by
April 15 to be considered for the September 2012 class; applications
received after that date will be considered for our next class. Candidates
who have already applied since March 2011 should NOT apply again. We will
be sending updates to applicants from those application cycles very soon,
and finalists from those application cycles will be considered for the
September 2012 Fellowship as well.

 For more details about eligibility requirements and the application
process, please visit: http://www.atlascorps.org/apply.php

 Questions about Atlas Corps Fellowship to the U.S.? Email
apply at atlascorps.org.

Questions about Atlas Corps Fellowship to Latin America? Email
applybogota at atlascorps.org.

Thank you,

The Atlas Corps Team