[Capacity Development] Rapist who bought his way out of jail and is again living next door to his teenaged victim

Robyn Morley - Program Program at ChildrensHopeInAction.org
Sat Mar 31 02:20:59 BST 2012

Dear Partners,

We are a grassroots charity working in central Vietnam.

This probably does not fit within the focus of your working group, but I
couldn't find a better fit.

One of our child beneficiaries, who is now 15, was raped by 2 local
elders when she was 13, and has since had a baby. The 2 rapists were
charged. One is serving time, but the other used his connections to buy
his way out of jail, and is again living next door to the 15-year-old.

Can anyone advise us on how to proceed with this case or who we could
contact for advice ?

Kind regards,
Robyn

--
Visit our Facebook page
facebook.com/CHIA.VN

Ms Robyn Morley
Founding Director
Children's Hope In Action (CHIA)
www.ChildrensHopeInAction.org

Program at ChildrensHopeInAction.org
Mobile phone  : +84 (0)914 175 103 (VN)
                 +61 (0)437 829 275 (Oz)
Work phone    : +84 (0)510 3921 487
Work fax      : +84 (0)510 3924 226

Work  address :  516 Cua Dai Str, Hoi An, S.R. Viet Nam
Postal address:  PO Box 17, Hoi An Post Office, Hoi An, S.R. Viet Nam
                  PO Box 7360, East Brisbane, Qld  4169  AUSTRALIA

Bank Account Name   : "Children’s Hope In Action"
Bank Account Number : 127543924
Bank Name           : Bendigo Bank
Bank Address        : Level 1, 251-253 Princes Highway, Corrimal, NSW 2518, Australia
BSB Code            : 633000
Swift/IBAN Code     : BENDAU3B
Currency            : AUD$