[Capacity Development] Fwd: FW: Question: Reminder of CDWG meeting 11 April Event 2013, 9-11.30 AM at NGO Resource Centre, , Building F1 La Thanh Hotel, 218 Doi Can Hanoi

Phan Thu Ha haphan at ngocentre.org.vn
Wed Apr 10 08:17:22 BST 2013

 Dear all,

I am sorry, there is an error in the date on the Word version of the
meeting agenda. I have corrected it within the attached and I was wondering
if you could send this correction out this morning to avoid/minimise any
confusion. The date in the invitation was correct- the forum is Thursday 11
th at 9.30am

Many thanks Neil for the correction!

See you all at NGO Resource Centre,

ThuHa

** **

* *

Dear colleagues,****

 ****

The Capacity Development Working Group (CDWG) welcomes you to join our next
discussion forum entitled:****

 Working Together:  How can the not for profit enterprises partner with
private companies to improve social outcomes in Vietnam?****

The forum will be held at: VUFO-NGO Resource Center (La Thanh Hotel, Doi
Can, Hanoi)****

On Thursday 11 April 2013 from 9:00am to 11:30am****

Please see attached a printable copy of our agenda for the day and below a
brief description of the event.****

 *How can the not for profit enterprises partner with private companies to
improve social outcomes in Vietnam?*****

 Given the overlap in stakeholders and objectives, there seems to exist an
opportunity for not-for-profit ****

organizations (NPOs) to work with socially responsible enterprises.  But
what is the best way to approach such collaborations?  ****

When are collaborations more or less effective?  What assets are key for
each player to bring to the table?****

 NPOs are diverse in terms of their missions, strategies, methods and
organizational forms and, quite appropriately, there****

are contrasting views about the appropriate goals, strategies, and tactics
for working with for-profit enterprises.****

 The Capacity Development Working Group is inviting Vietnam based experts,
representing different approaches, to****

come and talk about the potential the for-profit sector has to help build
the capacity of local NPOs.  ****

  ****

9 :30 to 9:45am****

Welcome & Introduction to Moderator****

Neil, CDWG Co-Chair****

 ****

 ****

 ****

9:45 to 10:30am****

Short Presentations by Panel Speakers****

·      Seeking Funding and Working Alongside a Company to Achieve Shared
Goals****

 ****

 ****

Mr. Nguyen Thanh Viet, CARE International in VN****

 ****

·      Findings from a 2012 study on the potential to link NPOs working on
CSR issues in Vietnam****

Stephanie Benamozig, Country Director, Batik International****

 ****

 ****