[Childrights-wg] Announcement of new Co-Chairs and Meeting minutes of CRWG 2 August, 2013

Ole Riis ole.riis.dk at live.com
Thu Sep 19 03:09:22 BST 2013

Dear friends in the CRWG,

I am the project coordinator of a DANIDA financed project supporting disadvantaged and abused girl children in HCMC for 9 years. I am also the former Chairman of Danish Vietnamese Association. Since all work in our organisation is voluntarily, today I only have time to be project coordinator and board member. On a daily basis I am a public school teacher (German and Math).

Normally i stay in Denmark but at the moment I am in Vietnam on a 3 month leave from my teacher job in order to consolidate the project.

I would like to use the opportunity to meet with your group. I can see that the next meeting will be held on the 26th in Hanoi. I am in Hanoi at that time, and I would like inform you of two materials that we have been developing together with our Vietnamese partner in HCMC.

1. A state of the art "Social and Emotional Learning" program. Including 1 theory book and 1 lessons book with precise guidelines for the teacher/caretaker to teach about the 6 basic feelings and social skill like waiting, taking turns, sharing and dealing with disagreement without using violance. Actually this is a non violence program for children at the age of 8 to 18 years old.

2. A state of the art "Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Program", dealing with 3 issues: 1. Trafficking, 2. Paedophilia (the risk of children living on the street being contacted by paedophile men) and 3. Incest. The material consist of one teachers book, one DVD with a cartoon case story describing the issue and one story book that can be used if a DVD player is not present. VAPCR has seen a draft of this material 2-3 years ago. But now it is finished.

Maybe some of you could be interested in working together on this material for your beneficiaries?

Please let me know when and where the meeting will take place?

Since I am accompanied by my son, Daniel (15) I hope that I can bring him to the meeting. Daniel is born in Hoa Binh, Vietnam and we adopted him in 1998 when he was 3½ month old. He wants to learn more about Vietnamese culture, so he is here with me for the first 6 weeks.

Please read more on our webpages or feel free to contact me in advance by phone or mail.

I cc. our voluntary Country Manager in Vietnam, Ms. Frederikke Lindholm.
Best regards/Venlig hilsen
Danish Vietnamese Association

Ole Riis
Board Member/Teacher/Project Coordinator
The ShelterCollection
Address: Lærdalsgade 7, 2300 Copenhagen, Denmark
Cell phone DK +45 20 111 680
Cell phone VN +84 1224756696 (OBS - New number)
Skype ID: oleriis4102
http://www.facebook.com/TheShelterCollection
http://davifo.dk/shelterindsamling
http://www.sheltercollection.org (under construction)
http://davifo.dk/shelterprojekt
Acount No. 2290 - 6448 4356 85 / International: IBAN No. DK9520006448435685 - SWIFT CODE: NDEADKKK
Paypal: sheltercollection at hotmail.com