[Disability-vn] Fwd: Invitation to the AC speaker program - An Enabling Environment for People with Disabilities

Van Le vle at usaid.gov
Thu May 14 13:24:00 ICT 2015

​​FYI
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:
Gabriadze, Irine (Hanoi) <GabriadzeIX at state.gov>
Date: Thu, May 14, 2015 at 11:37 AM
Subject: Invitation to the AC speaker program - An Enabling Environment for
People with Disabilities

Hi all,

FYI and in case it may be of interest for you - we have a guest speaker
from UC Berk
ley scheduled to give a presentation at the
*American Center next Thursday, May 21, at 3pm*.  This is not an USG paid
speaker, but an "opportunity speaker", volunteer who happens to be in Hanoi
then and would like to share his thought with our audience.

You are welcome to attend/participate in the program and/or share this with
others who may be interested.

Best regards,
Irine

An Enabling Environment for People with Disabilities

May 21, 3:00 - 4:00 pm
Stephen Rosenbaum, Guest Speaker

"We would like to have an equal chance to study and work so that we can
lead an equal life compared to other people," commented a man with vision
disabilities at a recent consultation about Millennium Development Goals as
they relate to Vietnamese with disabilities.  Vietnam adopted a disability
rights law in 2010 and last December the National Assembly ratified the UN
treaty on the rights of people with disabilities.  Come to a discussion
with a U.S. legal expert on how to "make the rights real" and create a
friendly and enabling environment.

* bookmark our events calendar<http://vietnam.usembassy.gov/program.html>
and stay informed of our great programs at the AC!