[dmwg] dates for the delivery of the book!

Ian Wilderspin ian.wilderspin at undp.org
Thu Aug 30 16:21:20 BST 2012

Dear all,

I have had some communication with Pernille, of our UN Comms team, who is helping us with the development of the book.

She is a bit concerned about the timeline for production of the book - particularly in view of the 7 September deadline set.

Working backwards, these are the dates we need to stick to, if we are going to have a printed version ready in time!

  *   Final drafts received (English and Vietnamese): 7 September
  *   Translation check and final editing: 7-16 September
  *   All final materials edited, translated and signed off by 16 September - no text changes can be made after this date
  *   Design: 17-28 October (this is cutting it really short as there will be changes to be made and some back and forth)
  *   Printing: 1-11 October (can normally be done quicker but we need to estimate 2 weeks)
  *   Delivery: IDDR on the 12 October!

To reiterate, it is really important to send good quality, high resolution imagery to accompany your text around the story (in both English and Vietnamese), which should conform to the guidance notes that I sent out to you earlier.

Many thanks for your help with this!

With kind regards,

Ian