[dmwg] Typhoon Son Tinh Emergency DMWG coordination meeting

Gia, Nguyen Van NguyenVan.Gia at savethechildren.org
Thu Nov 1 12:20:05 ICT 2012

Dear all
I would like to update information on the typhoon Son Tinh. In general we have systematic info form CCFSC , we also see some local/ NGO report reflect some differences.

1-      Note that report 31 October (most update attached)  has increased number comparing to 30 October, this is worrying about number of damaged houses and schools and wounded people.

2-      See differences in the report from ADRA on data of Thai Binh. This is far different from CCFSC data. How do we use it?

3-      See idea from the Red Cross: can be an initial reference (email attached)

4-      Yesterday late afternoon, when seeing big increase in number of damages in Thai Binh, we (chair of the DMWG) have a quick discussion with PACCOM Director and agreed that we sent a exploration mission to Thai Binh today, 1 November for a better over look of the emergency situation. The one-day mission included PACCOM staff, PLAN and Save the Children. We will have update when the mission comes back.

5-      Hien oi, can you send the UN sitrep update?

6-      Any one want to update about funding opportunities ???
Thank you
Gia