[dmwg] New Chairmanship from UNDRMT for our DMWG in the next six months

Phan Thu Ha haphan at ngocentre.org.vn
Tue Jul 22 04:33:33 BST 2014

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

Following the DMWG's last meeting and the discussion between the DMWG
Core Group members, it is our pleasure to announce that The new
chairmanship of DMWG is taken over by the UN Disaster Risk Management
Team (UNDRMT) in the next six months period. Ms Stacey Sawchuk (UNDP)
will be chairperson on behalf of UNDRMT. However as she is currently
conducting training on CBDRM in the field, Ms.Nastassja Hoffet (UNDP)
and with support from Ms. Hannah Collins (UN Resident Coordinator
Office) are acting chairs for July and August. We are confident that
they will further enhance achievements of the Working Group in the time
to come.

On behalf of the VUFO-NGO Resource Centre we would like to extend our
sincere thanks to Care International for taking the role of chair of the
DMWG during the past 6 months. Our gratitude goes especially to Mr. Tran
Manh Hung for his great coordination of the Working Group's activities.
We look forward to Care's continued support and active participation in
the DMWG's activities during the coming period of time.

UNDRMT will send you the agenda of our next meeting on 25 July afternoon
in shortly.
Further information, please contact our beautiful Chairs Ms. Stacey
Sawchuk at stacey.sawchuk at undp.org; Ms. Nastassja Hoffet at
nastassja.hoffet at undp.org and Ms. Hannah Collins at
hannah.collins at one.un.org.

Best regards,