[dmwg] Invitation to the launch of "Making it Count" (September 17, 9.00-10.30, GOUNH)

Sumaiya Kabir sumaiya.kabir at unwomen.org
Thu Sep 10 16:04:49 ICT 2015

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

UN Women and CARE in Vietnam would like to invite you to the launch of the tool 'MAKING IT COUNT: Integrating gender into climate change and disaster risk reduction: a practical how to guide'<https://www.dropbox.com/s/schiu2lhlkv6x7h/Making%20It%20Count%20launch%20invitation.pdf?dl=0>.

The development of this easy-to-use, practical guidebook was a result of a long process led by CARE in Vietnam and GIZ. The materials went through two rounds of consultations with researchers and practitioners with years of experience on the ground working on gender and climate change issues. This was done through the INGO Climate Change Working Group (part of the VUFO-NGO Resource Centre) in Ho Chi Minh last year and then in Hanoi earlier this year. Ready-to-use tools and resources from various organizations are also included to ensure that practitioners on the ground can start to take simple steps to integrating gender and climate change.

We would appreciate your attendance during the launch, featuring an interactive presentation and Q&A session, next Thursday at the Green One United Nations House.

Details are as follows: