[general_devel] Invitation to Attend Free Event - Network, Interact, Participate, Discover, Learn

rwoodall at aidforumonline.org rwoodall at aidforumonline.org
Thu Oct 11 16:08:23 BST 2012

I would like to invite you to participate in the first ever AIDF Asia-Pacific. The Aid and International Development Forum (AIDF) organises a FREE to attend event that is essentially an integrated exhibition and conference aimed at those who work in the areas of humanitarian aid and disaster response. After several successful years in Washington D.C. USA, we are pleased to launch our first ever Asia-Pacific event in partnership with the RMA Group, 30-31 January in Bangkok. I would like to invite you to attend this event, free of cost. Register <http://www.aidforumonline.org/aidf_asia_pacific/registration>  here

As you know, the Asia Pacific region is disproportionately affected by natural disasters; therefore the agenda concentrates on related topics and would be of particular interest to the disaster response and management sector. We are delighted to be working with UN OCHA, UN FAO, the HLA, UNDP, Caritas Asia, World Vision, ECHO and JICA among other organizations. Oliver Lacey-Hall, Head of UN OCHA Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific will be presenting a keynote speech. With three areas for discussion, a Conference area will focus on high-level discussion, a Workshop area on operational efficiency and an Interactive Zone on providing practical solutions. Please click  <http://www.aidforumonline.org/aidf_asia_pacific/agenda> here for more information on our agenda.

Visit AIDF Asia-Pacific to:

*	NETWORK with colleagues and innovators working across the Asia-Pacific region. In 2012, AIDF attracted over 1,700 representatives from UN, NGO, governmental and intergovernmental organizations and the private sector.
*	INTERACT with products and solutions demonstrated in the framework of Development, Disaster Relief and Response.

*         PARTICIPATE in 25 conference and workshop sessions that aim to provide a greater multi-sector understanding and strengthen the effectiveness of humanitarian response through partnership building.

*         DISCOVER the latest innovations, technologies and services from global solutions providers.

*	LEARN from the experts in training sessions on Logistics Management and responsible Procurement Practices.

Confirmed Speakers Include:

David Verboom - Head of the Regional Office, ECHO (From Recipients to Donors: Changing Sources of Funding)

Serge Devieux, Regional Industry Director for Financial Markets at the IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, (From Recipients to Donors: Changing Sources of Funding)

Ramesh Subramaniam - Senior Director, Office of Regional Economic Integration, Asian Development Bank (From Recipients to Donors: Changing Sources of Funding)

Mozaharul Alam - Regional Climate Change Coordinator, UNEP (Addressing Climate Change)

Sanny Jegillos, Practice Coordinator for Crisis Prevention and Recovery, UNDP Asia-Pacific Regional Centre, (Post-Disaster Coordination - Shelter, Water & Sanitation)

Therese Ballard, Director, Procurement & Supply Chain Practice Group, UN OPS

Laurence Gray, Senior Policy Advisor - Asia Pacific, World Vision Asia, (Post-Disaster Coordination - Shelter, Water & Sanitation)

It is free for NGOs to attend the event and we would be pleased if you are able to attend. Register FREE by following this link <http://www.aidforumonline.org/aidf_asia_pacific/registration> .

For any further information or for details on how your organization could get more involved in the event, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Amanda Melving | Marketing Assistant| Aid & International Development Forum

T +44 (0) 207 871 0188 | F +44 (0) 207 871 0101 | E amelving at aidforumonline.org

Trans-World House, 100 City Road, London EC1Y 2BP United Kingdom

 <http://www.aidforumonline.org/> www.aidforumonline.org |  <http://www.aidforumonline.org/invite_a_colleague/> Invite a colleague
Follow us on:  <http://twitter.com/#!/FollowAIDF> Twitter  or  <https://www.facebook.com/AIDF2012> Facebook|Join us on:  <http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2850917&goback=.anh_2850917&trk=NUS_UNIU-ngroup> LinkedIn

AIDF Asia-Pacific  <http://www.aidforumonline.org/aidf_asia_pacific/exhibitor_enquiry> 30-31 January | AIDF Washington D.C.  <http://www.aidforumonline.org/aidf_washington> 20-21 May

Disclaimer

If you have received this e-mail in error or wish to read our e-mail disclaimer statement and monitoring policy, please refer to the statement below or contact the sender. This communication and any attachments contain information, which is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended
recipient(s) please note that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it or in any attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the email and destroy any copies of it. E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information could be intercepted corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain harmful content.
We do not accept liability for any such matters or their consequences.
Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is taken to accept the risks in doing so Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail and any attachments, which do not relate to the official business of the firm are neither given nor endorsed by it.