[general_devel] Invitation to the 2014 Capacity Building Training Workshops in Sustainable Development.

Information Desk, Charitas Network info at charitasnetwork.org
Fri Dec 6 21:16:23 GMT 2013

Invitation to the 2014 Capacity Building Training Workshops in Sustainable Development.

Subject: 2014 Capacity Building Training Workshops in Sustainable Development
Dates and Location: January 27 - February 1, 2014 - Seattle, United States
Event Website: www.charitasnetwork.org/trainingworkshops/
Organizer: Charitas Network, Foundation for Sustainable Development.

Dear Colleagues,

We are delighted to invite you to the 2014 Training Workshops in Sustainable Development that will be held in Seattle, United States on January 27th through February 1st, 2014.

The Charitas Network is conducting Capacity Building Training Workshops designed for people who plan to work or volunteer in community development, or who already work in this field and want to advance their careers. The Charitas Network uses as its basis, a framework of rights-based development and the Charitas Network Approach. This multi-sectoral, participatory approach focuses on the empowerment of people as both the ends and means of a genuine sustainable development process. We are training and consulting with organizations from around the world.

Overview:
This program uses a multi-sector, participatory approach that focuses on empowerment of people as both the ends and means of a sustainable development process. Rather than teaching prescriptive solutions to community problems, we provide you with the tools to use the community’s input and vision to create options and solutions that truly meet community needs. The program helps you learn through case studies, exercises, and group discussions, providing a complete learning environment. You will learn from, and share experiences with, practitioners working in the field around the world. This program gives experienced practitioners a fresh perspective and provide novices and volunteers the training they need to be successful working in the field of development.

This year, we are keen on further increasing the number of participants by proposing an even more attractive, innovative and focused program that handles all the aspects of sustainable development and capacity building. More than 20 courses will be offered during the training workshops event including: Microfinance and the Role of Women, Local Communities and Climate Change Mitigation Strategies, Social Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development, Financial Management, Fundraising Techniques etc.The complete courses list and description can be found on the program webpage at: www.charitasnetwork.org/trainingworkshops/workshops.html

We expect participants from: Governments and International Organizations, Civil Society, the Business Public and Private Sectors, Academics Institutions and Leaders and Private Individuals amongst others.

Availability of attendance sponsorship:
We are informing you of the availability of attendance sponsorship intended to cover the participation of delegates from middle and low income countries. The sponsorship is to encourage quality research, mobility and networking among participants. For more information and availability, please contact the Registration Desk.

Registration:
Registration for the 2014 Capacity Building Training Workshops is opened. Classes fill-up quickly, so guarantee your spot by registering as early as possible.
For specific questions regarding the registration and program as well as sponsorship, please free to contact the Registration Desk:
Mr. Robert Samuels
International Delegates Contact Point
Registration Desk
Training Workshop Program - Charitas Network
Tel: +1.206.424.8880
Fax: +1.206.350.9138
Email: registration.workshops at charitasnetwork.org

Due to time constraints, interested participants are strongly advised to confirm attendance beforehand. While we anticipate your response at your earliest convenience, please do not hesitate to contact us for further information. Our goal is to meet every participant’s needs and we would be more than pleased to have you taking part in an event that is expected to be wonderful and unforgettable.

We look forward to welcoming you in Seattle.
Sincerely,

Margaret Baker
DirectorTraining and Workshops
Charitas Network, Foundation for Sustainable Development
720 Olive Way
Seattle WA 98101
United States
T. +1.206.888.0393