[ingo-hcmc] EFD awareness raising campaign

Kirsten Theuns kirstenefd at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 04:59:41 BST 2014

Hi all,

Education for Development (EFD) has recently launched its new awareness raising campaign ‘’Support Children, Not Orphanages’’. This initiative is meant to spread the word on the damaging effects of these institutions on children development and the possible existing solutions for childcare.

Indeed, there is a global consensus on the negative consequences of orphanages. Abuse, social in-capacities and cognitive underdevelopment are some of the lasting effects orphanages have on children. Moreover, 80% of these children are not orphans. We believe that better alternatives to orphanages must be put forth: family strengthening initiatives, kinship-care and community based care.

We therefore want to initiate a slow shift in mentalities, which can be done with the united efforts of all NGOs in the community. Local organizations have a big role to play in order for tourists, volunteers and donors to shift their attention away from orphanages.

We are therefore soliciting your help to publicize this campaign by any means: Internet, staff training, volunteer network or other. We would also appreciate any additional participation or support towards achieving a common goal. The more people hear about this problematic, the more they can contribute to help children!

Please feel free to take a look at our newest promotional material
http://youtu.be/p_iFAMI_ndM
http://supportchildren.wordpress.com

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Education For Development (EFD)
admin at educationfordevelopment.org
6/4 Nguyen Van Thu Street, Dakao Ward