[Ngo-admin] Coming to Hanoi: USAID Rules & Regs and Subawards Workshops

InsideNGO Special Workshop Announcement cbrown at InsideNGO.org
Thu Dec 29 16:22:36 GMT 2011

To see the web version of this message click here:
http://www.magnetmail.net/actions/email_web_version.cfm?recipient_id=146662174&message_id=1691659&user_id=APVOFM

InsideNGO is pleased to bring two essential workshops to Hanoi, Vietnam in March 2012 - USAID Rules & Regulations: Grants & Cooperative Agreements https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/hanoirr0312/home and USAID Subaward Management https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/hanoisubs0312/home.

If you have a colleague who could benefit from this training, please forward this e-mail to them.

USAID recommended course!
USAID Rules & Regulations: Grants & Cooperative Agreements Workshop https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/hanoirr0312/home
March 20-22, 2012
Sofitel Plaza Hanoi
Hanoi, Vietnam

This three day program will provide a comprehensive overview of USAID grants and cooperative agreements. Participants will improve their ability to manage awards and build the confidence to guide their organizations through successful award implementation. USAID is contracting this course for its staff and partners. Participants at the workshop will earn 8 CPE* credits for each day of the Workshop (for a total of 24 for the three days) and receive a certificate of attendance. No prerequisites required.

Previous participants had these comments about this Workshop:
"Probably the best USAID rules and regs workshop there is."
"I feel rejuvenated & ready to practice the rules & regs - I understand my job better."
"I heard the training was good - but it was even better than I expected! I learned something new every hour."
"I feel better equipped to deal with USAID rules and regs and have established a good foundation on which to build."
"[The training has] given me an insight and a broader view of all what I need to know and where to find information."

Who should attend:
Finance and Administrative Staff: Finance officers, controllers, accounting and compliance managers who have on-going responsibility for the administration of USAID awards.

Program Staff: Headquarters and field program staff with a need to know the USAID requirements, particularly in the decentralized environment prevalent in many PVO's/NGO's

Development Staff: Those staff members who seek and hopefully find outside financial support must understand the nature of the relationship that the PVO/NGO is entering with the US government and those areas where negotiation of favorable award terms and conditions is possible.

Outside Independent Auditors: Representatives of certified public accounting firms who perform Circular A-133 or Financial Audits of private voluntary organizations and NGOs should attend to gain familiarity with the criteria against which those organizations are reviewed.

USAID Staff: Agreement Officers, CTOs and Program staff who need to make sure they know and are up to date on the rules and regs that they have to implement.

USAID Subaward Management https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/hanoisubs0312/home
March 23, 2012
Sofitel Plaza Hanoi
Hanoi, Vietnam
Please note that attendance at the 3-day USAID Rules & Regulations Workshop https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/hanoirr0312/home is a prerequisite for this course.

The workshop teaches participants to select and monitor local partners in a manner that minimizes risk while optimizing program effectiveness. Subaward management aspects such as selecting a local partner: assessment and risk; engaging a partner: award types, team integration, ingredients for success; monitoring progress: program output, performance quality, financial and regulatory compliance and evaluations/audits; and best practices will be addressed.

Previous Subaward Management Workshop attendees had this to say:
"Very informative, I learned so many new things that I could not conceptualize by just reading the manual"
"More than met my expectations - learned a lot"
"Clarified how we handle our contracts and cooperative agreements in compliance with USAID"
"I can now advise the organization on the right direction to take"

Participants at the workshop will earn 8 CPE* credits for the full day Workshop and receive a certificate of attendance.  USAID Rules & Regulations Workshop https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/hanoirr0312/home is a prerequisite.

Who Should Attend:
This workshop will focus on the issues faced by staff who are responsible for managing and monitoring sub-award programs. The topics will be especially useful for program, finance, compliance and grant/contract managers.

Trainers https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/hanoisubs0312/about-the-trainers for both workshops:
Keith Edwards
Master Trainer
InsideNGO
Capetown, South Africa

Libby Spader
Director of Finance, Grants & Contracts International
InsideNGO
Westport, CT

View InsideNGO's complete list http://www.insidengo.org/events.htm of upcoming workshops, roundtables and webinars.

*InsideNGO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org http://www.learningmarket.org.