[Ngo-admin] Upcoming Workshops in Asia

InsideNGO Events Bulletin cbrown at InsideNGO.org
Tue Feb 1 03:05:48 GMT 2011

January 25, 2011, Issue 4, Volume 1

****InsideNGO Featured Workshops

Check out our once-a-year workshops this March in Bangkok and Hanoi!

**Learn how to build relationships with USAID and how to navigate the rules and regulations so your program is compliant and avoids audit risk. Attend our highly rated USAID Rules & Regulations: Grants & Cooperative Agreements, a necessary training for all staff working with USAID awards. Bangkok, Thailand (http://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/bangkokrr0311/)--Mar 15-17 & Hanoi, Vietnam (http://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/hanoirr0311/home)--Mar 22-24

**Procurement is an integral part of every organization's project operations. The risks involved in procurement execution make this area a primary focus of audits and compliance reviews. Attend InsideNGO's NEW workshop--Procurement Planning & Execution: USAID Grants & Cooperative Agreements (https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/joburgprocure0211/home), and leave with the tools to implement an improved procurement plan. Hanoi, Vietnam--Mar 25

**There are important differences between a contract and a grant to learn how to avoid the risks and how to manage a contract, attend our USAID Contracts Overview for NGOs (https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/bangkokcontracts0311/)--Bangkok, Thailand--Mar 18Go to our Workshop Calendar for more offerings.

****Upcoming Webinars
Last week's webinars - the start of a new training delivery method for InsideNGO - were well received by the attendees. "Keep up the webinars. This is a good training forum..." "Great topic. Great info. Learned a lot."

**Feb 10--NGO Issues regarding Exempt and Non-Exempt Staff Classifications (https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/webhr0211/). Are you struggling with exempt vs non-exempt classifications? Need to understand overtime issues for non-exempts when traveling? Have to explain why a staff member with an advanced degree is non-exempt? Join us as Amanda Fugazy, a highly experienced employment law attorney, provides guidance and responds to questions.

**How do you meet federal standards for free and open competition in the countries where NGOs operate? What federal policies apply to your procurements? Join recognized expert Bob Lloyd to identify what your internal procurement procedures should look like, and what federal officials will be looking for when they monitor or audit your organization. Do We Have to Get Bids? (https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/webfgc0311/)--Mar 4.
Next in the series: Managing Programmatic and Budgetary Changes in Your Federal Grants and Cooperative Agreements (https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/webfgc0411/)--Apr 1.

Go to our Webinar Calendar (http://www.insidengo.org/webinars.htm) for more offerings.

InsideNGO | 19 South Compo Road | Westport, CT 06880 | 203-226-3650
1828 L Street, NW, Suite 300 | Washington, DC 20036 | 202-509-0465
 www.InsideNGO.org (http://www.InsideNGO.org) | info at InsideNGO.org (mailto:info at InsideNGO.org)