[Ngo-admin] Hanoi Workshops: USAID Rules & Regulations and Subaward Management

InsideNGO Special Workshop Announcement cbrown at InsideNGO.org
Thu Feb 23 15:41:41 GMT 2012

If you have an NGO colleague who could benefit from any of these learning and networking opportunities, please forward this e-mail to them.

InsideNGO is pleased to bring these essential workshops to Hanoi:
USAID Rules & Regulations: Grants & Cooperative Agreements   #regs
USAID Subaward Management  #subs

USAID recommended course!
USAID Rules & Regulations: Grants & Cooperative Agreements  https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/hanoirr0312/home
March 20-22 * Sofitel Plaza Hanoi

Improve your ability to manage awards and build the confidence to guide your organization through successful award implementation. You'll get a comprehensive overview of USAID grants and cooperative agreements. USAID is contracting this course for its staff and partners.

Previous USAID Rules & Regulations Workshop attendees had this to say:
"Probably the best USAID rules and regs workshop there is."
"I feel rejuvenated & ready to practice the rules & regs - I understand my job better."
"I heard the training was good - but it was even better than I expected! I learned something new every hour."

Who should attend:  staff with responsibilities for finance, administration, programs and development, as well as outside independent auditors, and USAID staff.

Add on a 1-day workshop!
USAID Subaward Management  https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/hanoisubs0312/home
March 23 * Sofitel Plaza Hanoi
Please note that attendance at the 3-day USAID Rules & Regulations Workshop https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/hanoirr0312/home is a prerequisite for this course.

Learn to select and monitor local partners in a manner that minimizes risk while optimizing program effectiveness. Subaward management aspects such as selecting a local partner: assessment and risk; engaging a partner: award types, team integration, ingredients for success; monitoring progress: program output, performance quality, financial and regulatory compliance and evaluations/audits; and best practices will be addressed.

Previous Subaward Management Workshop attendees had this to say:
"This workshop involved many practical exercises which kept participants creatively involved - great way to learn."
"I now have a clearer understanding of the various mechanisms for sub-agreement contracting."
"It provided new information on mechanisms/instruments of awards and various management tools and checklists which will prove invaluable."
"Keep up the good work. I left the workshop with a clearer understanding of subawards."

Who should attend:  staff who are responsible for managing and monitoring subaward programs, especially program, finance, compliance and grant/contract managers.

View InsideNGO's complete list http://www.insidengo.org/events.htm of upcoming workshops, roundtables and webinars.