[Ngo-admin] Workshops in Hanoi & Bangkok: USAID Rules & Regulations, Subawards and Procurement

InsideNGO Special Workshop Announcement cbrown at InsideNGO.org
Thu Feb 2 18:25:16 GMT 2012

If you have a colleague who could benefit from any of these workshops, please forward this e-mail to them.

InsideNGO is pleased to bring these essential workshops to Hanoi & Bangkok:
USAID Rules & Regulations: Grants & Cooperative Agreements #regs
USAID Subaward Management #subs
Procurement Planning & Execution: USAID Grants & Cooperative Agreements  #procure

USAID recommended course!
USAID Rules & Regulations: Grants & Cooperative Agreements Workshop
March 20-22 * Hanoi, Vietnam https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/hanoirr0312/home
March 27-29 * Bangkok, Thailand https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/bangkokrr0312/

Improve your ability to manage awards and build the confidence to guide your organization through successful award implementation. You'll get a comprehensive overview of USAID grants and cooperative agreements. USAID is contracting this course for its staff and partners.

Previous USAID Rules & Regulations Workshop attendees had this to say:
"Probably the best USAID rules and regs workshop there is."
"I feel rejuvenated & ready to practice the rules & regs - I understand my job better."
"I heard the training was good - but it was even better than I expected! I learned something new every hour."

Who should attend:  staff with responsibilities for finance, administration, programs, development, as well as outside independent auditors, and USAID staff.

USAID Subaward Management Workshop
March 23, 2012 * Hanoi, Vietnam https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/hanoisubs0312/home
Please note that attendance at the 3-day USAID Rules & Regulations Workshop https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/hanoirr0312/home is a prerequisite for this course.

Learn to select and monitor local partners in a manner that minimizes risk while optimizing program effectiveness. Subaward management aspects such as selecting a local partner: assessment and risk; engaging a partner: award types, team integration, ingredients for success; monitoring progress: program output, performance quality, financial and regulatory compliance and evaluations/audits; and best practices will be addressed.

Previous Subaward Management Workshop attendees had this to say:
"Very informative, I learned so many new things that I could not conceptualize by just reading the manual"
"More than met my expectations - learned a lot"
"Clarified how we handle our contracts and cooperative agreements in compliance with USAID"
"I can now advise the organization on the right direction to take"

Who Should Attend:  staff who are responsible for managing and monitoring sub-award programs, especially program, finance, compliance and grant/contract managers.

Procurement Planning & Execution: Grants & Cooperative Agreements Workshop
March 30 * Bangkok, Thailand https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/bangkokprocure0312/
Please note that attendance at the 3-day USAID Rules & Regulations Workshop https://sites.google.com/a/insidengo.org/bangkokrr0312/ is a prerequisite for this course.

Learn to effectively manage all aspects of procurement typically required in project implementation and take steps to reduce your organization's risks in this area. Course coverage includes assessing local partners, partner engagement and appropriate award mechanisms; plan monitoring strategies; and special considerations in managing risks unique to USAID funding.

Previous Procurement Planning & Execution Workshop attendees had this to say:
"The workshop is too valuable for any NGOs to miss out."
"This greatly improved my understanding of procurement. The forms and exercises are great!"

Who Should Attend:  Staff with responsibilities for finance, administration, programs, development/proposals, program start-up/implementation, and compliance, as well as auditors.

View InsideNGO's complete list http://www.insidengo.org/events.htm of upcoming workshops, roundtables and webinars.