[Ngo-centralvn] FFAV Newsletter 6/2013

FFAV ffav at ffav.com.vn
Thu Jun 20 08:23:35 BST 2013

http://ffav.us5.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=bbd6b2d7b6bd97b06ed98c232&id=48ca524be5&e=0c1951fdf2
Welcome to the 5^th Edition of newsletter from Football for All in Vietnam!

FFAV have just been through some of the busiest times ever; celebrating the 10-year in Hue with 3 Fun Football Festivals and the FFAV Cup. These events saw thousands of people involved in FFAVs work; as organizers, committee and sub- committee members, volunteers, coaches, referees, life skills instructors, players etc.

Bringing people together based on their common interest in the beautiful game of football is what FFAV is all about. To watch the children happiness and joy in playing football and participating in ceremonies, parades, games and competition makes it all worth it. The sight of more than 4.000 people gathering in front of the Cultural Center, and then marching up through Hung Vuong Street to Le Loi Street, is one of the most impressive sights I have seen. Knowing that some of these children never even have been to Hue city, some of them never lived in a guesthouse or driven in a bus, makes all of us involved in FFAV moved and touched. We are motivated and inspired to work even harder in the future.

We are getting closer to our dream within the last few months; FFAVs experience and competence can be used by other provinces in Vietnam, even in other countries in South East Asia. FFAV have been present in the AFC Grassroots Workshop and presented the project, AFC and FIFA have visited us to see, share and learn, and we have had great meetings with Vietnam Football Federation (VFF), the Ministry of Education and Training and the Ministry of Culture, Sport and Tourism as well as with Hue Football Association, all to promote the idea of replicating the FFAV model all over. This dream is now becoming real! It is no longer about if, but about when.

This has made possible with the efforts by our partners in government, parents, teacher, volunteers, staff, and of course the football playing children and youth. Together we have created a mass movement, and I predict it will not stop here. It will slowly but surely spread out, all over Vietnam. Follow us on our journey, support us to reach out to even more kids, let the joy of football be a possibility for every little boy and girl in every little village anywhere in Vietnam. Let our vision become truth: Football for All in Vietnam!

Anders Krystad – FFAV Director

** Bringing players together
Being considered as one of the largest events of this kind in Asia and probably the largest one in Vietnam, FFAV Cup 2013 attracted teams from TT Hue province as well as from the provinces of Tien Giang, Quang Tri and Hai Phong and even foreign delegations from Mukdahan in Thailand and Salavan and Savanakhet in Laos. We wanted to make sure all of our guests had a great time in Hue.
Read more ... (http://ffav.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bbd6b2d7b6bd97b06ed98c232&id=3f649401f7&e=0c1951fdf2)

** Playing with a Bell Ball
First officially introduced during the Fun Football Festival in April 2012, football for blind children made its reappearance in this year’s FFAV Cup. Blind children from the Center for Education and Career orientation for Blind in Hue where met by the three teams that have been sent to the Norway Cup in 2008, 2009 and 2011.
Read more ... (http://ffav.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bbd6b2d7b6bd97b06ed98c232&id=5bb2e6475f&e=0c1951fdf2)

** Never tired
One of our main intentions while working out the match schedule was to guarantee as much time as possible for every child to play football. But even outside of the pitch and despite the heat during most days of the Cup, it was impossible to stop the kids and their urge to run, play and explore.
Read more ... (http://ffav.us5.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=bbd6b2d7b6bd97b06ed98c232&id=defa64eaea&e=0c1951fdf2)

** Finals in high spirits
In the afternoon of June 11th, the fourth day of the FFAV Cup, all delegations, teams and spectators gathered at Tu Do Stadium to watch the final games of our U15 teams. To ensure as much fun and games as possible for all players, the losing teams from the quarter finals entered a separate final round, called the B finals. With A and B finals for both girls and boys, there were four final matches that afternoon and every single one exciting to watch and of course, to play:
Read more ... (http://ffav.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bbd6b2d7b6bd97b06ed98c232&id=3610088676&e=0c1951fdf2)

FFAV boast 147 clubs, 1651 football teams, more than 15876 players, hold more than 300 tournaments a year and have trained 3968 people.This gets better all the time, but why wait for our next newsletter in 08/2013? Follow our progress as we make the news on our social media sites.

It is a great pleasure for FFAV to accompany with:

Copyright © 2013 Football for All in Vietnam, All rights reserved.
“Football for All in Vietnam” project
3rd Floor, VNPT Building, 51 Hai Ba Trung street, Hue city - Vietnam
Tel: +84 54 3825 325 - Fax: +84 54  3883 795
Email:
Website: http://

Play football,
have fun,
learn life skills!

Play football,
have fun,
learn life skills!

** (http://ffav.us5.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=bbd6b2d7b6bd97b06ed98c232&id=57f431961c&e=0c1951fdf2)
**   (http://ffav.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bbd6b2d7b6bd97b06ed98c232&id=a783cfce92&e=0c1951fdf2)
**   (http://ffav.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bbd6b2d7b6bd97b06ed98c232&id=4b440fcf9c&e=0c1951fdf2)
**   (http://ffav.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bbd6b2d7b6bd97b06ed98c232&id=dc5f1c7a31&e=0c1951fdf2)
** (http://ffav.us5.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=bbd6b2d7b6bd97b06ed98c232&id=beee37b366&e=0c1951fdf2)
** (http://ffav.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bbd6b2d7b6bd97b06ed98c232&id=5e99bac148&e=0c1951fdf2)
** ffav at ffav.com.vn (mailto:ffav at ffav.com.vn)
** www.ffav.com.vn (http://ffav.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bbd6b2d7b6bd97b06ed98c232&id=fec1437e28&e=0c1951fdf2)

This email was sent to ngo-centralvn at ngocentre.org.vn
why did I get this? (http://ffav.us5.list-manage.com/about?u=bbd6b2d7b6bd97b06ed98c232&id=c65fcd6c90&e=0c1951fdf2&c=f25b2ecb04)     unsubscribe from this list (http://ffav.us5.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=bbd6b2d7b6bd97b06ed98c232&id=c65fcd6c90&e=0c1951fdf2&c=f25b2ecb04)     update subscription preferences (http://ffav.us5.list-manage1.com/profile?u=bbd6b2d7b6bd97b06ed98c232&id=c65fcd6c90&e=0c1951fdf2)
NGO · 51 Hai Ba Trung · Hue City, Thua Thien Hue Province -

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp
http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=bbd6b2d7b6bd97b06ed98c232&afl=1