[Ngo-lwg] Fwd: Suspected BLU explosion killed on pupil in Quang Binh

Chuck Searcy chuckusvn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 09:31:14 BST 2013

Vu and Hien,

Thanks for the follow-up on this grim news.  If you or the AEPD staff or
others in Quang Binh Province get more information, please forward to
members of the Landmines Working Group.

This boy should have been aware of the danger to him and his classmates.
We should all be asking ourselves how to make Mine Risk Education programs
in the schools and the community more effective so that incidents like this
never happen again.

CHUCK

*At the moment this article is only available in Vietnamese.  If has a
translation, please share with the rest of us whose Vietnamese is still
inadequate.  *

*===========================================
CHUCK SEARCY
International Advisor, Project RENEW
Vice President, Veterans for Peace Chapter 160 (Hoa Binh)
**71 Tran Quoc Toan, Hanoi, Viet Nam
Tel:          +844 6685 2622 **
**Mobile:    +849 0342 **0769
**Skype:      chucksearcy