[Ngo-lwg] Invitation to the next LWG meeting on 19 August 2016 at VNMAC Office, 290 Lac Long Quan, Tay Ho, Hanoi

Phan Thu Ha haphan at ngocentre.org.vn
Mon Aug 15 12:46:31 ICT 2016

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

Following up the previous email about LWG meeting, we are now sending
you all the invitation and attached agenda for LWG meeting with the
details are below:

Date: 19 August 2016

Time: 14-16 PM

Venue:  290 Lac Long Quan, Tay Ho, Hanoi

It's highly appreciated if you all can send us the confirmation for your
attendance. To those who plan to join the meeting but haven't confirmed
yet, please send your confirmation by 16 August.

Many thanks for VNMAC for lending us the meeting room.

Further information, please contact our co-chair Mrs. Thu Ha VVAF-IC at
nguyenha at ic-vvaf.org and Mr. BeKim -MAG at bekim.shala at maginternational.org

Best regards,

Phan Ha

        Dear LWG,

        I hope that you are all well.

        I am pleased to write to you on behalf of MAG and IC (formerly known
        as VVAF). As you are aware it has been a while since the last LWG
        meeting, and I am sure you’d agree that ever since there has been
        developments emerging by VNMAC, progress from organizations, and
        also,
        new people have joined.

        In light of this we thought it would be a good time for all LWG
        members to get together again. We have invited VNMAC as well and are
        pleased to have the opportunity of listening their progress to date
        and future plans. Following the meeting we also plan to pay a
        visit to
        local bar for drinks (and a mingle), especially now that we have
        newcomers!  The venue of the meeting is to be confirmed but it is
        looking likely that we would chose ether a hotel or perhaps even
        borrow VNMACs office.

        The suggested agenda of the meeting therefore includes:

        (1)    Member updates

        (2)    Updates from the National Mine Action Authority (504 office),
        summary of results period 2010-2015 and plan for the period
        2016-2020

        (3)    The development of the new Decree of Government on management
        of Mine Action in Vietnam, to replace the decision no. 96 of PM in
        2006;

        (4)    Establishment of Vietnam Mine Action Partnership Group
        (MAPG),
        a policy dialogue forum between Vietnamese Government, donors and
        development partners in mine action

        (5)    Any other businesses

        Thank you and Best Regards,