[Ngo-lwg] Fwd: Invitation to the next LWG meeting on 19 August 2016

Phan Thu Ha haphan at ngocentre.org.vn
Thu Jul 28 16:18:01 ICT 2016

Dear LWG's members,

I hope that you are all well.

I am pleased to write to you on behalf of MAG and IC (formerly known
as VVAF). As you are aware it has been a while since the last LWG
meeting, and I am sure you’d agree that ever since there has been
developments emerging by VNMAC, progress from organizations, and also,
new people have joined.

In light of this we thought it would be a good time for all LWG
members to get together again. We have invited VNMAC as well and are
pleased to have the opportunity of listening their progress to date
and future plans. Following the meeting we also plan to pay a visit to
local bar for drinks (and a mingle), especially now that we have
newcomers!  The venue of the meeting is to be confirmed but it is
looking likely that we would chose ether a hotel or perhaps even
borrow VNMACs office.

The suggested agenda of the meeting therefore includes:

(1)    Member updates

(2)    Updates from the National Mine Action Authority (504 office),
summary of results period 2010-2015 and plan for the period 2016-2020

(3)    The development of the new Decree of Government on management
of Mine Action in Vietnam, to replace the decision no. 96 of PM in
2006;

(4)    Establishment of Vietnam Mine Action Partnership Group (MAPG),
a policy dialogue forum between Vietnamese Government, donors and
development partners in mine action

(5)    Any other businesses

The tentative date for the meeting is 19 August at 14:00. Could you
please let us know if this dates suit you - I would appreciate it if
you could get back to us on this at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Nguyen Thu Ha
IC-VVAF
emailo: nguyenha at ic-vvaf.org